How to pay by wire transfer - there's no sort code!

jacquellie

Earning My Ears
Hi, thanks to help on this forum I know I can pay Disney direct from my bank account, by bank transfer. I have the account number and reference details from Disney - plus a SWIFT code - but when I look at my 'make a payment' page on my UK bank account, it of course asks for a sort code - which Disney hasn't given me and they haven't heard of a sort code. Anyone know how, exactly, to fill in the payment details to pay from a UK bank to Disney?

Hi, thanks to help on this forum I know I can pay Disney direct from my bank account, by bank transfer. I have the account number and reference details from Disney - plus a SWIFT code - but when I look at my 'make a payment' page on my UK bank account, it of course asks for a sort code - which Disney hasn't given me and they haven't heard of a sort code. Anyone know how, exactly, to fill in the payment details to pay from a UK bank to Disney?

It needs to be an international payment you are after, sounds like you are doing a U.K. payment. You may need to call your bank to do as your bank may not let you do it yourself. If it’s a major bank you are with they may also sting you with charges. Easiest Way I found was to use a credit card with 0 foreign transactions fees and made a few payments over a couple of weeks to clear balance. Other way is to use an account like starling bank, TransferWise etc where fees are minimum.

International payments do not use a sort code, they use a Swift code. Sounds like you need to start again and select international payment

You need to select international payments first.
You will need a SWIFT code and an IBAN (International Bank Account Number) all bank accounts have these, the IBAN actually includes the sort code and account number of the payee.
However I find it much easier,cheaper and quicker to use a UK credit card with no foreign transaction fees, (Nationwide BS do one)
Hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter