• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to go from mini-dvd to dvd?

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
Ok, so we have our new sony camcorder that records on mini-dvd. Love it! But I'd like to be able to transfer 4-5 of my 1/2 hr mini-dvds onto one regular sized dvd. I have adobe premier elements software that you're supposed to be able to do video stuff with (just got it for xmas, haven't used it yet). Is there a way to do this, either with or without the software? Thanks!

I hook the mini dv camera up to my computer via a firewire port and download the video tape into windows movie maker. I then do some basic editing and then use Sonic My DVD to create and burn it onto a DVD. Windows movie maker is not the most sophisticated program out there, but it's free. The only thing that it does not do is burn to a DVD, which is why I have the Sonic program.

If your computer does not have a firewire port, they're very inexpensive to but and easy to install.

I have not used the Adobe program before so I can't help you with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter