How to go about room requests if you rented DVC points

curlyqs

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know who we contact to make room requests for our upcoming trip. We rented points with David's.

You'd have to ask David's. The Owner of the points has to make any requests through member services, and be aware that they may not assist with that (some rental companies will only contact the owners after rental is set up for DME and dining plans, I'm not sure what David's policy is)

On the occasions when I have rented to people, I have made the room requests and they were in my contract. Everyone does it their own way (not sure about David's). Have a great trip!

I am glad to make room requests for the people I rent to. I believe that you can also try to send in room requests by fax or email through Touring Plans, if you are a member of that: https://touringplans.com/

I have heard something about David's handling some requests, but I know nothing about the details.

If you want to make general requests ("close to transportation" or "higher floor") some of those can be done via online check-in. If you want something more specific, the TouringPlans fax service would be the way I'd do it.

DVC has asked member not to bother faxing since they usually toss all the faxes out.

I rented points through David’s and they had the owner make my request at the time of booking. I also sent in a request through touring plans when my date got closer. I’m not sure which one went through but the front desk did have my request on check in day.

As someone posted, at the check in page on My Disney Experience you can make requests as well. The system doesn't care if you rented points or are an owner. You can also change your mind and amend your original request if you want.

As an owner I have offered options for renters and David's will not accept requests from renters. I can't imagine chasing down all the complaints with unfulfilled requests at check in...

I do hope that if we get to rent next year at OKW that we would be able to put in a medical request for my daughter.

David's will not accept requests from renters. I can't imagine chasing down all the complaints with unfulfilled requests at check in...

This is incorrect information. We always forward requests to the owners.

~ David

This is incorrect information. We always forward requests to the owners.

~ David
Thank you clarifying! I do my best to be accurate based on my experiences. I have rented through your company to four happy families. One instance in particular, I offered two choices to your employee and that is what I was told...

Additionally, I have had excellent experiences renting out my points through David's DVC! You guys rock!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter