• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to get to dinner at DS from AK?

kandb

DIS Veteran
The day we are spending at AK, we want to go to DS for dinner. Is it possible to get a bus to DS from AK? If not, we are staying at the YC, how would we get to DS from AK? Thanks for your help.

I believe there are buses from the parks to DS after 4 pm. If you needed to go earlier, then you could hop the bus to AKL and catch the DS bus from there. Make sure you give yourself at least an hr from the bus stop, to wait for bus to come and ride over(at least 20 min.) and then to get to your restaurant.

Another idea might be to take the Saratoga Springs bus from Animal Kingdom. That way you're not having to make the connection in at AKL which could be lengthy. Ask the bus driver what stop is closest to DS and you can walk from there. It's a short walk, maybe 10 minutes.

Another idea might be to take the Saratoga Springs bus from Animal Kingdom. That way you're not having to make the connection in at AKL which could be lengthy.

After 4PM, AK guests have a direct bus to DS.
They don't need to first go to AKL in order to get a bus to DS.

Another idea might be to take the Saratoga Springs bus from Animal Kingdom. That way you're not having to make the connection in at AKL which could be lengthy. Ask the bus driver what stop is closest to DS and you can walk from there. It's a short walk, maybe 10 minutes.

There's no food near there and the buses drop you off in the middle of springs now. It's faster to switch buses than walk for dinner now that the bus stop is in the middle of springs.

Buses run from park to park.

Buses run from park to park.

That's true, but I don't think anyone in this thread is asking about how to get from park to park.

I think that I may see some possible confusion.
Some might see the initials, "DS" and think, "Disney Studios." (Disney's Hollywood Studios.)

In this case, "DS" stands for, "Disney Springs." (shopping and dining area. formerly "Downtown Disney.")

With a rumored name change in the works for Disney's Hollywood Studios, this issue may be resolved (although we don't know WHAT the new name will be for Disney's Hollywood Studios.)

Last edited:
Yes @Robo You are very smart. I first thought OP was asking about Disney (Hollywood) Studios until I read a response and realized it was Disney Springs

Easy. We did this very trip in December. As previously stated, after 4pm, there is direct bus service from AK to Disney Springs. The bus drops you off in the middle section. We walked to the Marketplace and had dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express.

Sorry to confuse everyone. I meant transportation from AK to Disney Springs. We are actually planning on going to dinner at least 3 times to Disney Springs to try some of their new restaurants and will be coming from the parks. Do all the parks have a bus to bring them directly to Disney Springs. It would be after 4 pm when we were traveling. Thanks for the help. Also, does it seem like the Disney Springs buses run less frequently? Just wonder if we should just uber it.

1. Do all the parks have a bus to bring them directly to Disney Springs.
2. It would be after 4 pm when we were traveling.
3. does it seem like the Disney Springs buses run less frequently?
4. Just wonder if we should just uber it.

1. Yes.
2. They start running at 4PM.
3, ANY bus YOU are waiting for seems like it runs less frequently. ;)
4. If you'd rather. Not something I'd do. But, hey...

Sorry to confuse everyone. I meant transportation from AK to Disney Springs. We are actually planning on going to dinner at least 3 times to Disney Springs to try some of their new restaurants and will be coming from the parks. Do all the parks have a bus to bring them directly to Disney Springs. It would be after 4 pm when we were traveling. Thanks for the help. Also, does it seem like the Disney Springs buses run less frequently? Just wonder if we should just uber it.

@Robo is correct, not sure how thread went off kilter.

From Disney website:

Getting to Disney Springs

• Bus service from Disney Resort hotels begins 45 minutes before opening until 1:00 AM.
  • Return service to Disney Resort hotels ends at 2:00 AM.
  • One-way bus service from the 4 Disney theme parks operates daily from 4:00 PM until 11:00 PM or 2 hours after theme parks close, whichever is earlier.

There's no food near there and the buses drop you off in the middle of springs now. It's faster to switch buses than walk for dinner now that the bus stop is in the middle of springs.

Perhaps once and awhile it could be. But by going the AKV route you are first waiting for the AKV bus from AK and then you are waiting for the DS bus from AKV. While they say that buses run to each destination, we all know that it can take longer, especially at AKV which is a very remote location. If you catch everything perfectly the AKV route may be faster, but if I have a choice of waiting for one bus or waiting for two, I'll take the one every time. YMMV.

Perhaps once and awhile it could be. But by going the AKV route you are first waiting for the AKV bus from AK and then you are waiting for the DS bus from AKV. While they say that buses run to each destination, we all know that it can take longer, especially at AKV which is a very remote location. If you catch everything perfectly the AKV route may be faster, but if I have a choice of waiting for one bus or waiting for two, I'll take the one every time. YMMV.

I am so lost.

:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter