How to get ink out? Help!

dpcheercoach

Earning My Ears
I knew there was a reason I hate doing laundry. Somehow an ink pen was left in a piece of my husbands clothing...you guessed it... I now have ink all over the entire load of clothes. The problem is I didin't notice it until I was pulling it from the dryer.

Does anyone know of any "tricks" or "special products" to use to get this out or am I out of luck and just use these pieces for rags? Some of the items I'm not worried about. But there are a couple of good shirts that I would like to salvage if possible. I don't want to break the bank here but if there is a trick I don't know about to get it out...I'd appreciate if you would share.

I may just have some expensive cleaning rags now!:mad:

Thanks in advance.

I second the hairspray, and the cheap stuff works. I used to use it to get ink out of my uniforms.

I usually use a extra hold hairspray - it just seems to be more potent. Spray it on, toss the clothes back in the washing machine and viola! They're clean! I had to do it with a white pair of jeans a few years ago and I was amazed at how well it worked!

Try Zout. I have had the best luck by wetting the stains, spraying them with Zout and folding them over so that the wet area is stuck together. I let them sit over night, scrub them in the hottest water that I can tolerate and then throw them in the washer. It has only failed on me twice with strained carrots that got on my DD's bibs. But, those carrots are the worst. It can't hurt to try. Good luck!

Wow! You guys are quick. I don't know what zout is but I will give the hairspray a try first. If that doesn't work I go searching for the zout. Thanks!

Bumping...

Anyone know how to get it off furniture (sofa)? My son wrote on the arm of my sofa...ugg!

Bumping...

Anyone know how to get it off furniture (sofa)? My son wrote on the arm of my sofa...ugg!

Try Zout or else try windex cleaner. It will work on cloth sofas and also on carpets. Try it first though in a inconspicuous area.

Zout is found in the same place as you would find Shout and those types of products. It comes in a purple or blue pump spray container.

Bumping...

Is the sofa Scotchguarded? Or did you have some other kind of protectant done when you ordered it? If so, you might want to get out the paperwork and check to see what is covered. They may not honor the "warranty" if you try homemade remedies first.

Does hairspray work if they have already been washed and dried? I did this too, right after we got home from Disney. I ruined my one pair of shorts and two pairs of capris that still fit, a new disney cover up, and my boys' mickey shirts. I guess I'm off to buy some hairspray today to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter