How to get good room at AK with FMS+kids

tiggspring

DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm d
I am planning to stay at AK next april/may. I have 3 kids and will need a room with bunks but I am also dealing with fribromyalgia and long walks from parking lot are out. Where can I stay that is close but not in view of construction. Also is the savanah veiw worth the cost? I have seen many reviews that say they were automaticly upgraded and that the viewing stations were not very crowded. I know exactly where to stay at the poly but this has been much tougher to pin down. THANKS!!!

Most likely, the construction will be done or in the very final stages by then since they are planning to open Kidani in spring of 2009, so that may not even be an issue. As far as the walk from the parking lot, just request a room near the lobby as everyone enters through that area anyway coming from the parking lot. The Poly has the different buildings that you can park close to and enter them, the AKL is all one building and you enter the main door and then branch off to the different corridors.

Personally I wouldn't pay for a Savannah room unless it is absolutely required to have that view. We spend so little time on the balcony anyway. I will take my chances on an upgrade and if not, I can walk to the viewing areas for free. We had a parking lot view over Christmas and it wasn't even that bad since the parking lot is seperate from the building by a small tree line.

Thanks Ratpack..The more I read the more I'm thinking of a standard room and hope for a free upgrade. We will be really pushing it money wise at the poly but the benifits of being close to epcot and MK monorail and being able to watch fireworks etc with the kids make it a must for the second half of our trip.

Our youngest will be four so a pool view will have to do. Thanks for the reminder about 5 in a room.

Definitely choose a pool view room. We stayed in one and it was 3 doors away from the elevator, which made it easy to get to the pool and food court. The savannah view rooms are quite a hike!

Thanks MSLCLARK! Close to the elevator and the lobby sound like a good deal

You enter into the lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge on the third floor and you also go out that way for the buses. Might be easier to request a room on that level so you won't even have to deal with the elevators except when you want to go to the pool and those areas.

Also - the elevators are located in the middle of each of the wings. So you'd be halfway from either one.

AKL has very, very long hallways... if you are down one of these you could be walking several minutes to and from your room. It was hard on us at times just because we were way down on the end and felt like we walked 10 miles back and forth. I would make sure they note on your reservation that you need to be near the center of the resort. Also I would remind them again at check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter