How to get from WDW to Universal?

carol48b

Mouseketeer
I know it is probably blasphemy, but we are booked for 10 days at Port Orleans and are interested in taking 1 day to go visit Universal. How would we go about getting there? Are taxis our only option? We don't rent a car and only use Magical Express and Disney transportation when visiting. Any other advice?

Depends on how many are going. Mears runs a shuttle, around $20 pp r/t. Uber is a good choice.

Private car service for round trip
Would be $100

It would be cheaper with that over the shuttle if you have 6 in your group

Larger uber vehicles would also be cheaper than the other two for 6

Last edited:

Thanks to everyone who have taken the time to reply!! Sounds like Mears or Uber will work best. We are 4 adults.
Again, Thank you!

Back in October 2016, we were at Port Orleans Riverside. For 2 adults and 1 child in a regular ol' Mears taxi, it was about $45 each way including a tip. We went first thing in the morning and returned home once during 'rush hour' and once a little earlier than rush hour. The longest it took was maybe 25-30 minutes? I couldn't get Uber to work while we were there but I know from others that Uber was definitely cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter