How to Find a Travel Agent?

gmi3804

Gonna ruin Maw’s birthday
DVC Silver
How would I go about finding a great travel agent for Regent Seven Seas? Someone who knows all the discounts, update methods, etc. I'm a member of CruiseCritic, but don't know if travel agents would pile on if I post this there; I suppose that could happen here too. I know this is a Disney Cruise Forum, but maybe the knowledgeable folks here can help.

How would I go about finding a great travel agent for Regent Seven Seas? Someone who knows all the discounts, update methods, etc. I'm a member of CruiseCritic, but don't know if travel agents would pile on if I post this there; I suppose that could happen here too. I know this is a Disney Cruise Forum, but maybe the knowledgeable folks here can help.
I can say, on CC discussion of specific TAs (good or bad) isn't allowed.

We don't often use a TA, but when we do it's AAA.

Ask around among your friends, relatives, and/or work place for TAs they've worked with and liked.

Many people here use and like Dreams Unlimited (host of this site).

Ask around among your friends, relatives, and/or work place for TAs they've worked with and liked.

I know, I wasn't asking for particular Agents, rather, where to look for someone. I don't know people who cruise, so asking friends/family doesn't help. Thanks.

You can use the CLIA website to find someone who specializes in cruises.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you're a Costco member, look into www.costcotravel.com. They handle cruises by Regent Seven Seas. You'll get a gift card, in return for booking your cruise through Costco Travel. If you're an executive member of Costco, you'll also get 2% back.

If you're a Costco member, look into www.costcotravel.com. They handle cruises by Regent Seven Seas. You'll get a gift card, in return for booking your cruise through Costco Travel. If you're an executive member of Costco, you'll also get 2% back.
This is a little off-topic, but I was wondering whether I could use our Disney Visa if we booked through Costco, to get the 6 months no interest, as opposed to using our Costco CC. Do you know?

I'm not certain, but I can't see why not. Payment has to be made, so why not use Costco's credit card. It sounds like an additional bonus. Of course, you should probably call Costco Travel to be sure.

Thanks!

Does Costco offer a price guarantee, if the fare drops from the time I book? I can't find payment/cancellation/guarantee info on their website.

I know, I wasn't asking for particular Agents, rather, where to look for someone. I don't know people who cruise, so asking friends/family doesn't help. Thanks.
That's unfortunate because that really is the best source.
My travel agent retired, so next trip I will be looking too.
I do follow some cruise vloggers, and most are also Travel Agents, the vlog is part of their marketing. I would not use them, because despite taking dozens and dozens of cruises, they make some very bone headed mistakes on their trips, things that most importantly I would expect Travel Agents to know .......and secondarily experienced cruisers would know.

This is a little off-topic, but I was wondering whether I could use our Disney Visa if we booked through Costco, to get the 6 months no interest, as opposed to using our Costco CC. Do you know?
Yes, If you use your Disney Visa, it will give you the six months no interest.
Thanks!

Does Costco offer a price guarantee, if the fare drops from the time I book? I can't find payment/cancellation/guarantee info on their website.
I don’t know the answer to this, because we book DCL through Costco, and DCL's prices never drop!

Yes, If you use your Disney Visa, it will give you the six months no interest.
The flip side is that the Costco Visa rebates you 3% of your bill; the Disney Visa only 1%, and that's a rebate that can only be spent with Disney. Obviously, if you need the six months to pay the bill, the Disney offer is superior, but if you have the money now to pay the bill, you're probably better off using the Costco Visa.

Does AAA give cruise credit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter