How to Find a Running Store?

NeverlandClub23

AKV & OKW DVC Member
So the last place I bought shoes from closed a few months ago. I'm in desperate need of new shoes and don't know where to go! :( I tried going to yellowpages.com but it just gave me places like Dick's Sporting Goods and Sports Authority. I found a place called Fitness Resource. Is that like a generic sports store too? Any help or advice? :confused3

It's called Runner's Source in Newport News, VA. It looks like it just recently opened. Know of any good running stores in Alexandria/Northern VA? :) I go up that way a few times a year.

If you know what shoe you want, and don't need help, try runningwarehouse.com. There are codes to save 15%. You wont likely beat their prices and they ship for free. Return shipping is free too if there is a need.

If you know what shoe you want, and don't need help, try runningwarehouse.com. There are codes to save 15%. You wont likely beat their prices and they ship for free. Return shipping is free too if there is a need.

I wish! I spent a long time researching shoes on my last shoe purchase and tried to save a buck by buying online (I love shopping online). I really enjoy running in the shoes I got until I get about an hour into my long runs. Then I can feel the blisters forming where the bottom foot sole inside the shoe rises up and meets the inside of the shoe (if that makes any sense) and my foot starts sliding forward, smashing my toes into the front of the shoe (although, it does this even from the beginning it just starts getting painful after awhile). Otherwise the shoes are great in that I don't have shin, hip, or knee problems like I did with some of my other shoes and I have no problems with them on my shorter runs.

I'm thinking if I go to the running store and talk with someone there and get (hopefully) a great pair of shoes I can then by the same future shoe online. Is that ok? I mean, should you run in the same type of shoe as long as you're not having any problems or switch it up every once in awhile?

I actually have different pairs of shoes I run in. I currently run in the Nike Lunar Fly and Lunaracer 2. I am thinking about adding the Nike Free in as well. I also run about 15% of my miles barefoot. So "diversity" is good to me.

Your foot should not be sliding around in the shoe. Make sure you get a good fit. There are also different lacing techniques that may help. Some may be found here:
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-267--12334-0,00.html

The last technique is the one I use.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter