How soon do they run out of FP's at Soarin?

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
No matter how I try this family doesn't get MOVIN" in the mornings. If I get them to am EMH at MK once we'll be doing well.

On a non EMH morning how soon are the Soarin' FPs gone?

When we were there 6/19-26, they seemed to run out before noon. Maybe you'll want to grab everyone's passes and head over in the am to get fastpasses. I'd suggest fastpasses, as the queue is long and pretty dull (looks like an airport - specifically a lot like the United terminal at O'Hare!)

We were at Epcot twice last week and both mornings were non EMH. We got there right at opening and fast passes were already at 1:30 the first time and 11:30 the second time. When we went to ride that first day at 1:30ish, they were already gone. Don't know about the second day. The one thing is though, that one evening the fast pass lines were over an hour long themselves! So getting there late and getting an evening FP isn't much of a help IMO!

Do YOU get up early? If so, then take all the Park Passes and run over yourself to get some FP's.

Ooo - hope it's not like that in October as we won't be getting there until after 11:00. No way to get there earlier though as we'll be getting off our Disney cruise that morning before heading to Epcot.

When we were there in May (early to mid) they ran out around 2:30-3:00 daily. Keep in mind that if you get one around 1:30-3:00PM, the return time will be closed to 8:30-9:00PM. If you head over around 9:00PM during illuminations, you can usually do stand-by.

MrShiny said:
Maybe you'll want to grab everyone's passes and head over in the am to get fastpasses.

Keep in mind that you can only obtain FPs with park tickets that have been used to gain admission to the park that day. So, you can't enter Epcot by yourself with 4 passes and obtain 4 FPs -- unless you exit and re-enter 4 times (once with each pass), but that's not really possible now with the finger scans.

We rode Soarin' last thursday and thought it was only so-so. Of course, you're going to want to do it at least once but as everyone else has indicated, the FPs go very quickly and can be many hours in the future. This will limit the # of additional FPs you can obtain so plan accordingly if you expect to obtain FPs for other attractions the same day.

Test Track still runs out of FPs rather quickly, but Mission Space has settled down now to the point where FPs are not necessarily needed. There was only a 15-minute stand-by wait for M:S on saturday, 7/2 at 1:30pm!

Just FYI: for those suggesting you grab everyone's tickets in the morning and run over yourself - this isn't going to work because if the tickets haven't been entered in the turnstiles, that ticket isn't going to be accepted in the fastpass machine.

I'd say tell them to buck up and wake up early one morning for Soarin', do some rides, then go back to the resort after lunch to nap.

I would suggest to get the family up early. We were there last Monday and the lines get to be up to over 2 hours and fast passes are gone by afternoon. Good luck!! :flower:

Seriously, the best thing to do is get there at park opening and ride Soarin' right away. Do not bother with Fast Pass, as the Fast Pass line is long as well. Go there first thing and NEVER go back, that place gets too crazy. :flower:

The waiting room is boring? If it's like the one in DL, I loved it! As a science/space/aviator follower, I found it very informative... Again, presuming it's the same. That would mean it is an aviator Hall of Fame.

If you don't mind splitting up (and again, this is based on DL, so it may be different in Florida), then the single rider option works very well. You may even fit all in one screening. There are nine rows of nine, and they try to fit parties in the same row, so with odd seats in a row, that leaves open the possibility of many open seats.

I can't wait to see how it is in EPCOT! This is one of my favorite rides of all-time, especially if you sit in the back (that goes to people not prone to airsickness only!).

We were there the end of May and the single rider line was not open. They said it was not working out. Maybe they have since opened it. We always do single rider on TT and it works out great.
Linda

lpizzuro123 said:
We were there the end of May and the single rider line was not open. They said it was not working out. Maybe they have since opened it. We always do single rider on TT and it works out great.
Linda

Wasn't open when we were there at the beginning of June. :confused3

I sympathize with OP since we are the same way :wave: and it can definitely create problems. :rolleyes1 Got to Soarin' at 11AM and the FP return time was 6:30PM :sad2: Returned at 1:30PM. At that point ALL FP were gone. :guilty: We had anticipated that and decided we would wait on line anyway, not something we usually do... was 1/1/2 hours!! :crazy: If anything could be worth it, this definitely was :banana: :banana: :banana:
Our new favorite ride! :goodvibes

Who knows, DD loved it so much, I may even be able to pry here out of bed earlier next time so we can get a FP before they run out ;)

dbanzai said:
The waiting room is boring? If it's like the one in DL, I loved it! As a science/space/aviator follower, I found it very informative... Again, presuming it's the same. That would mean it is an aviator Hall of Fame.

If you don't mind splitting up (and again, this is based on DL, so it may be different in Florida), then the single rider option works very well. You may even fit all in one screening. There are nine rows of nine, and they try to fit parties in the same row, so with odd seats in a row, that leaves open the possibility of many open seats.

I can't wait to see how it is in EPCOT! This is one of my favorite rides of all-time, especially if you sit in the back (that goes to people not prone to airsickness only!).
The queue is not the same at Epcot as it is at DCA. I LOVE the queue at DCA, hate it at Epcot. Disney tried to theme it with the Land, and it is just horrid, in my opinion.

Miss Jasmine said:
The queue is not the same at Epcot as it is at DCA. I LOVE the queue at DCA, hate it at Epcot. Disney tried to theme it with the Land, and it is just horrid, in my opinion.

Ahh. Bummer.

oogieboogie said:
Just FYI: for those suggesting you grab everyone's tickets in the morning and run over yourself - this isn't going to work because if the tickets haven't been entered in the turnstiles, that ticket isn't going to be accepted in the fastpass machine.

Is this also true for APs? Just wondering because I had never heard of this and was thinking of doing it. TIA

yup, all ticket media. The tickets needs to go thru the turnstiles. If it doesn't it doesn't get coded as valid.

There last week and single riders line wasn't open still. And, we were there right after opening both days we went and the stand by lines were already all the way back to the entrance. We grabbed our fast passes, hit Living with the Land and Circle of Life with NO waits at all, grabbed some breakfast and it was time for Soarin'...which the FP line didn't exist, we walked right on. Did the first time we went as well and that was a couple hours later than this second trip.

As far as you having to use a valid ticket that has gone through the turnstile to get a fastpass, I believe this has always been the case. You have to be in the park to get fastpass.

Linda

lpizzuro123 said:
As far as you having to use a valid ticket that has gone through the turnstile to get a fastpass, I believe this has always been the case. You have to be in the park to get fastpass.

Linda

This is true. NOt sure why I didn't remember that. We tried using my DH's while there...after he went home....and it didn't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter