How should I list stuffed animals on ebay?

jenfur

DIS Veteran
I have an unbelievable amount of stuffed animals that MUST go. They are all in great, like-new condition. I want to put them on ebay but have no idea how to list them. One huge lot? Lots of one type of animal, one size, ect.? Anyone have any experience with this?

I don't have a response that could help you , sorry, but I would love to hear the replies. DD has so many stuffed animals in her room that I would love to get rid of some, too!

Hello,

Select the "Toys & Hobbies" category when you set up your auction. Scroll down on the sub-category section for Stuffed Animals. There are quite a few subcategories for stuffed animals to choose from. You might want to separate out the stuffed animals by manufacturer and sell them that way.

Good luck with your auction!

I sold a stuffed animal (Bill the Cat from the Bloom County comic strip) on eBay several years ago and got $60 out of it. I decided to sell it only because I stumbled upon similar sales of this stuffed animal on eBay and discovered how much they were selling for. So you may want to check out what similar sales are going for on eBay - you may have a popular item worth some $. If they are fairly "generic" stuffed animals, you can sort and sell them as a group by animal type (all dogs or all cats), by manufacturer, or other common characteristic.

Also, if the stuffed animals have been in a PET-free and/or smoke-free home, make sure you state that in your listing.

Good Luck!

Definately put from a smoke free home.....if it is. I would list the new ones with tags, but I doubt unless it's a certain popular character you will get much. I wouldn't buy a used plush animal, but I sold many at my garage sale this year. Most were new or new looking without tags.

I would research what stuffed animals you have and only list the big sellers. Most will not fetch that much unfortumately. List in/like new condition, comes from smoke free home, etc.

A side note/idea: I too had a ton of stuffed animals and my 2 kids get way too many so what I have actually been doing for 2 years now is I called our local You, Inc - a company that deals with children in need - you can also contact your local PD/FD, orphanage(s), social services and ask if they take donations - specify what you have to give. Most public service places will accept like new stuffed animals to present to young kids when they are...being adopted or put into foster care, have lost everything in a fire, my kids got one when I had them fingerprinted at the police station so they will accept things like that. I have also donated them to the childrens ward at our local hospital. Some of these agencies will also accept baby blankets and other items as well.

Good luck on ebay!!!

stuffed animals always end up in my yard sale or donation bag. if they are the carnival type stuffed animals, you're better off just donating or tossing them out. If they were the nice ones (i.e. Gund) then try to list them on ebay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter