How scary is revenge of the mummy ?

smarties

Earning My Ears
I have to explain - I don't do rollercoaster...i'm to afraid of heigts....so I'm a little bit afraid of revenge of the mummy...does it turn upside down ? does it drop really fast ? or is it a ride like DINOSAUR at animal kingdom ? you would say it is like which ride ?

I have to explain - I don't do rollercoaster...i'm to afraid of heigts....so I'm a little bit afraid of revenge of the mummy...does it turn upside down ? does it drop really fast ? or is it a ride like DINOSAUR at animal kingdom ? you would say it is like which ride ?

It has roller coaster elements. If you can ride Big Thunder Mountain you will be okay in Mummy. Otherwise, no. It does not turn upside down but there are a few quick drops.

I am not a big roller coaster fan either but I love the Mummy. There is a slow start and then a short backwards part and then, as the previous poster said, a quick drop (not huge) and then fast turns, another quick drop (also not huge) followed by more fast turns. It is like a combination of Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain. I think the darkness makes it seem worse than it is. As I said I won't ride the rock n rollercoaster or any of the other Universal coasters but I will do Mummy.

I am not a big roller coaster fan either but I love the Mummy. There is a slow start and then a short backwards part and then, as the previous poster said, a quick drop (not huge) and then fast turns, another quick drop (also not huge) followed by more fast turns. It is like a combination of Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain. I think the darkness makes it seem worse than it is. As I said I won't ride the rock n rollercoaster or any of the other Universal coasters but I will do Mummy.

Me too:thumbsup2

Okay, this ride terrified me the first time I rode it BUT - I had a few hours at US alone before my friends came and I was at rope drop. There was no one else in the line and I found it rather disconcerting to be walking through the dark line area with all the zig-zags by myself. I then ended up in a car by myself and I had never been on the ride before and had no idea what to expect. Once we got to the roller coaster part, I was fine. It was all the stopping/starting in the beginning that freaked me out!

I rode it again when there were others on the ride (and in the line) and it was much less freaky! MiB when you are the only one in line/in the car (including the one beside you) is a bit freaky as well.

I've done it and I'm a wimp. RNR Coaster, never again. Won't do Hulk etc. Space is my limit (love test track). I'll do Mummy. Hope that helps.

Trying to get the nerve for Everestt now.

I think it's the BEST ride in Orlando. Scary but not bad. I'm not a roller coaster junkie but really recommend this ride to everyone. Trying to talk my 10 yr old daughter into it. She doesn't like hardly any rides. Is afraid of "It's a bugs life" Hopefully I'll succeed.

I think it's the BEST ride in Orlando. Scary but not bad. I'm not a roller coaster junkie but really recommend this ride to everyone. Trying to talk my 10 yr old daughter into it. She doesn't like hardly any rides. Is afraid of "It's a bugs life" Hopefully I'll succeed.

OK. This question brings me to another question:

My eldest son can ride anything... as long as it doesn't touch him. But he wanted to run out of "Honey I Shrunk the Audience, when it felt like lab rats were running over his feet.

So, my question is this: Those scarabs that looks like they are swarming to you... do they touch you? If they do, let me know. My son would have to know prior to riding.

DSS will not ride a roller coaster, but the Mummy is his favorite ride at US. :thumbsup2

Poetic, nothing touches you at all. You feel the heat from the fire, but nothing actually touches you. Check out youtube for some videos of people who rode the ride and taped it, that may help get a better perspective as to what to expect. ;)

My DS will be 5 when we go next and loves Tower of Terror - would he be ok on The Mummy or not? any thoughts?

OK. This question brings me to another question:

My eldest son can ride anything... as long as it doesn't touch him. But he wanted to run out of "Honey I Shrunk the Audience, when it felt like lab rats were running over his feet.

So, my question is this: Those scarabs that looks like they are swarming to you... do they touch you? If they do, let me know. My son would have to know prior to riding.

No they dont touch you, but it still is a creepy effect. Thankfully it's over quick and I will admit as soon as I see the first one come out, I close my eyes for a few moments :rotfl:

DH and DS9 just rode it last week, twice. I stayed behind with DD6 who had no interest, despite being a thrillseeker. She loved RNRC and SM, but DH said there was no way she could have handled the Mummy's special effects and sounds, as they would have scared the daylights out of her. She didn't take to Spiderman too well but can deal with Haunted Mansion at WDW. DS was fine on Mummy-as coasters go, because it's on the maglev system, the ride is amazingly smooth.

My DS will be 5 when we go next and loves Tower of Terror - would he be ok on The Mummy or not? any thoughts?

My son loved it at that age. He jumped and looked a little scared of the Mummy and the other scary effects but loved the coaster part. As soon as we got off he wanted to do it again. We were only there 1 day but rode that 3 times.

We loved the effects, drops, darkness, and animation of this ride. It wasn't scary, but then it depends on the person. If you're not a person that likes high speed coasters, with unexpected drops and backwards riding/drops then this probably wouldn't be the ride for you.

I love it...one of my alltime favorite rides. Back in '06, my dd turned 13. We went over to US for the day, with the other mom and her dd that we were traveling with. Well, three of us wanted to do RotM, but dd didn't. So...I told her to stay in the spot I had left her at..right next to a CM outside the attraction. When we rode it, and got outside, I grabbed dd and said, 'Come on..you're riding it!' She is terrified of fire, so I warned her when that part came..got through that okay. Turns out she loved it and can't wait to ride it again this summer.

You will notice a few drops of water sometimes after the scarab scene, but nothing other than that

It's not scary, except for one small thing:

AN EVIL MUMMY WANTS TO STEAL YOUR SOUL!

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

:rotfl:
It's really not scary, but is fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter