How risky would it be to wait?

Domchi002

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

Here is my dilema. I have come to the conclusion that booking a vacation package thru DLR is more expensive.
My solution is to book a room only reservation at DLH and then buy the tix seperately.
But our stay is scheduled during the DLR half-marathon over Labor Day.
Now with Carsland opening in June, I am not quite sure if a summer special will come up. Although, in my experience there has always been one.
Is it too risky :scared: to wait or is it possible to book a room only reservation now and take advantage if and when a summer special does come out?

Any ideas??

Thanks so much!!:goodvibes

Book now so you know you have a room. If a special comes out just call and they'll switch it over for you.

Book it now, that way you will have a room regardless. If a special comes out for your dates, AND there are still rooms in your room category available, they will adjust the price to reflect the promo price. If there are no rooms in your room category available, you won't get the promo price, but at least you will have a room! :)

I usually buy through DLR but I tried AAA this year and got a pretty good deal!! You can call um up and get a quote, and u dont need to be a card holder to book a DL package, my cuz always books separate and she like it better that way. def. book the room at least thats the most important

I usually buy through DLR but I tried AAA this year and got a pretty good deal!! You can call um up and get a quote, and u dont need to be a card holder to book a DL package, my cuz always books separate and she like it better that way. def. book the room at least thats the most important

AAA and Costco book through Disney. If you book online, it just directs you to the Disney site with the added perks of booking through AAA/Costco. Also if you call and do it, you actually are talking to someone at WDTC.

Glad to know it doesn't have to be AAA members to book a package. Does it have specific phone numbers to call or any AAA office is ok? Am I able to book a package from Canada?

For Costco, you need to be a member to purchase any DL packages, right?

Thanks for all the great info! :thumbsup2

We're going to be there that weekend, too. You might want to call soon to see if there's availability. A friend who is running the 1/2 this year tried to get a room at the DLH this week and was told by a CM that they were sold out. (I don't want to dash your hopes: I'm sure there will be cancellations, and it's possible that the CM might have just meant in the category she was looking for.) But I wouldn't wait to check.

She had to "settle" for the GCH.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter