How realistic is this? Travel by car plans

xipotec

Grinning Ghosts
So here is our plan.

Arrive Saturday 10:30am

Drive from LAX to Malibu for lunch at Paradise Cove by 1:30pm.
Visit El Matador after lunch for a few hours.
Drive back to Beverly Hills to Hotel
Dinner on Rodeo at 7:30pm

Monday
Drive to Laguna early AM
Have lunch in Laguna , tour area.
Leave for Anaheim about 1:30pm
Check in at DL, 3:00pm
Dinner at Lamplight 7:00pm

Last edited:
Paradise Cove! The Rockford Files! Surf movies! We were in Cali twice in 2021 for several weeks, and our meal at Paradise Cove was the best of anywhere. In 2019, we had breakfast there. Best sunny side up eggs ever!

Only thing I might add is to find time to go up to Griffith Observatory to see the sunset. One of the best nighttime views anywhere in the world.

Paradise Cove! The Rockford Files! Surf movies! We were in Cali twice in 2021 for several weeks, and our meal at Paradise Cove was the best of anywhere. In 2019, we had breakfast there. Best sunny side up eggs ever!

Only thing I might add is to find time to go up to Griffith Observatory to see the sunset. One of the best nighttime views anywhere in the world.
actually , I skipped a day we are staying mostly downtown will very little driving. I was mainly concerned with making it to and from these places in the time alotted because of the infamous traffic……

The missing day is Petersons Auto Museum, Academy award museum, Santa Monica Pier and sunset at the Griffith.

actually , I skipped a day we are staying mostly downtown will very little driving. I was mainly concerned with making it to and from these places in the time alotted because of the infamous traffic……

The missing day is Petersons Auto Museum, Academy award museum, Santa Monica Pier and sunset at the Griffith.
I don't see any problems with that plan. Traffic moves along well on the PCH, Sunset Blvd, and Santa Monica, which were the streets we mostly stayed on. You'll want to keep an eye on Google maps or Waze to see if any traffic issues develop.

Paradise Cove is a great place. Good choice on Peterson Museum!

You can also travel up PCH 10 miles north of Malibu and eat at Neptune's Net at "County Line". (Corner of Yerba Buena Road and PCH). Think of the movie 'Point Break" ....

Would recommend weekdays as weekends get really crowded.

Paradise Cove is a great place. Good choice on Peterson Museum!

You can also travel up PCH 10 miles north of Malibu and eat at Neptune's Net at "County Line". (Corner of Yerba Buena Road and PCH). Think of the movie 'Point Break" ....

Would recommend weekdays as weekends get really crowded.
Unfortunately , weekend is the only time we have.

We are going to do reservations for PC cafe…

Ill look into Neptunes!!!

If you don't mind sharing, would love to hear your thoughts on the Academy award museum and Santa Monica Pier when you have time after your visit. We will be visiting both in 4 weeks. Thanks in advance

If you don't mind sharing, would love to hear your thoughts on the Academy award museum and Santa Monica Pier when you have time after your visit. We will be visiting both in 4 weeks. Thanks in advance
you will be ahead of me! My trip is in August! So let me know what you think!

We had dinner at the Mariasol Cocina Mexicana restaurant on the Santa Monica Pier during our May/June 2021 Cali trip. Decent food. IMO, a must stop, simply for the history. Lots of people watching, and the amusement rides if you want to do that, and a great view of the Palos Verdes hills from the pier. It is also the terminus of of US Route 66 - there's a sign at that spot. We chose to drive back to Hollywood and the Griffith Park Observatory along Santa Monica Blvd, which is part of the original US 66. Quite a bit of "Old LA" architecture still there.

Upthread, I had mentioned The Rockford Files - it's one of my favorite TV shows of all time. Before my wife and I married, our usual Friday night date was watching that show. As we were driving along Santa Monica, my radio happened to be set on SiriusXM 70s channel. What should pop up but Mike Post's "The Rockford Files." There was nothing to do but roll the windows down and crank it up loud.

Also, looking at the time stamps on my photos, the drive from the pier to the observatory must have been about 45 minutes, tops. And that was Monday, June 7, 2021

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts