How on earth did Legoland become so popular?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Ever since it opened in Carlsbad I have never understood why Legoland has become very popular as the third most popular theme park in Southern California next to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm. Is it because Legoland was built to attract younger Lego fans or is because like Disneyland Legoland has a nostalgic factor for Lego fans? I also find it shocking that they also have Legoland Resort which tells me that they are trying to copy Disney resorts? Which is really shocking is that based on Legoland's success in Carlsbad they also have Legoland in Florida with a resort too. And when you see commercials for Legoland being advertised they always show the characters Emmet Brickowski and Wildstyle Lucy as the mascots so I guess since The Lego Movie came out Emmet and Lucy are considered the Mickey Mouse And Minnie Mouse of Legoland. I have a great feeling Legoland will continue to get popular and perhaps open more Legoland parks in Texas and Oklahoma and Washington in the future

I don’t think it’s the third most popular in Southern California. At least not based on numbers before 2020. I see Disneyland and California Adventure on top, then USH, Knott’s, SeaWorld, and Magic Mountain. I don’t think annual attendance at LegoLand California has ever topped 1.5 million.

https://www.****************.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/NA-park-attendance.png

Legoland is a great park and it caters almost exclusively to the 12 and under set. However, there is a large number of "Adult Fan of Lego" around and it's a cool park just to walk around and admire the sculptures. It's sort of like a Lego museum in that way. My husband and I went as a newly married couple without kids back in 2001. We had a lot of fun. I've taken my kids over the years many times. It's a lot of fun! We are a MASSIVE Lego fan household.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter