How old were you when you first became friends with someone of the opposite gender?

Around 5 or so playing with the neighborhood kids both boys and girls. I considered them my friends, going to each other's houses, yards, pools, etc. Same with playing with both boys and girls in the schoolyard at school.

As far back as I can remember. We grew up next door to my mom’s best friend and they had a son my age and we literally grew up together. In fact I introduced him to his wife and they have been happily married for almost 40 years.

4? There were six of us from my childhood neighborhood 4 girls, 2 boys (two families were brother & sister). DH's BFF is a woman he met in kindergarten, she was his Best Woman when we got married (I had a Man of Honor but someone we met in college).

I can remember being in Kindergarten and made friends with a boy named Gary. I remember him coming over to my house to play. I can even remember where he lived (wasn't in my neighborhood). In my neighborhood there were lots and lots of kids to play, girls and boys, so I sort of always had boys as friends.

In 3rd and 4th grade the 2 closest friends I had were boys. At that age there didn’t feel like much difference. We liked to hang in clubhouses we built in bushes or behind sheds, play ball games and ColecoVision, ride bikes, whatever else bored kids used to do like always follow the firetrucks when we heard the sirens, lol. I remember quite a few kitchen fires around dinner time back in the day.

In kindergarten, my best friend was a boy and we got into so much mischief during the year together.

If preschool counts, then I was 3. I was good friends with these twin boys. They loved me and I was the only one who could get them to stop crying when they were dropped off. Then at 10, I became pen pals with a boy my age through a teeny bopper magazine. 33 years later and he's one of my closest friends. We haven't met in person yet. Hopefully in a year or two we will.

My first day of kindergarten. A girl sat next to me and we were best friends until 5th grade when my family moved. We were 5.

Pre-K. Danielle lived several houses up the street.

Then at 8 we moved. Girl 2 years older than I was next door and girl my age across the street next to my best friend, year older than me, growing up directly across from us. The 4 of us were inseparable growing up. Shooting hoops at Amy's house, next to me, every day from 8 years old until she got her license and started disappearing, the other girl moved, and my buddy got his license and I was never near home again other than eating and sleeping.

The “gang” in our neighborhood consisted of a group of us all within 3-4 years of age. Thinking back, almost all were boys. But there was one girl who was three years younger than me who hung out with us too. There were some other girls, and boys, but all were older or younger than this core group and so weren’t in our pack.

We all played together since we could walk, with younger kids adding in as they got older. So I guess by the time she was part of the group I must have been in the upper single digits?

I have no idea how old I was, I guess for as long as I can remember. My parents best friends son, we were friends since we were born I guess.

As soon as I started school. I played with everyone, but was more into the "boy" stuff when I was little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter