How often is Jack Sparrow out at Disneyland?

I haven't seen Jack Sparrow at Disneyland in years, except during the Halloween Parties and even then he's not a walk around character (he's at a specific M&G location).

I "heard" that he's not around cause all the ladies were making rude comments and gestures to him and it wasn't Family Friendly. lol

Pretty sure he's not around because dingbats wanted him to be Mickey Mouse and not a pirate.

I never saw any out of control women around him, but I saw a few people be shocked at his pirateness! And I just knew those ladies were heading straight to city hall to complain. While everyone else there at the time was still laughing because it was perfect Sparrow. (I don't like characters, but he cracked me up and I liked to watch from slightly afar. He also had two amazing interactions with my son.)

Three examples...

1. Yes he will talk about rum. Dis you not see the movies?

2. If you've already spent 10 minutes with him in a long hot line (then on Tom Sawyer Island), all the kids had their pix and autographs, you've exited the line and he's with the next guests...no you do not get to come back in to have him do something else.

3. If you're in his face wanting to have an interaction, while he's walking around being funny, and you have a Baby Bjorn on with a baby, once he has finally lost all patience with you, yes he will make a joke about you having a barnacle growing on your chest.

Pirate.

Dang I miss him. Not enough to pay the big bucks for a Disney cruise (he does regularly meet onboard and on castaway cay), though.

Only time I've ever seen him is during the Halloween Party each year. Other than that he doesn't come out :(

He was out for the POTC 50th anniversary. That's the only time I've seen him.

Just saw Jack strolling along the RoA. Looked like he had just come out and he was headed to a "spot" with his handler but not sure exactly where.

He is out today in front of the River/Pirates!! I have never seen him before. He has a handler with him and a small line. What a treat to see!!

I am sure he will be out & about for the next couple weeks with the new movie out. But he has not been a regular meet & greet for quite awhile.

We saw Captain Jack Sparrow when we exited Pirates this morning. He was hilarious... a very different character from everyone else in the park but very "in character." I loved it!

We've seen Captain Jack twice - once at the Halloween party in 2012 and once on our Disney Fantasy cruise in 2015 (actually twice... I had a photo taken on the ship and the whole family had one taken on Castaway Cay). Hilarious interactions each time.

Haven't seen him any other time though it's great to know that he does occasionally come out (even if it's movie-promo related!!)

Other than Disney cruises, I've seen him on tom sawyers island by the pirates lair where the treasure is, out by the old fort.

My kids took pictures with him in New Orleans Square on Tuesday. Then we saw him again on Wed walking and holding the hand of an adorable little girl dressed up as the redhead in POTC.

I wonder if he'll still be there next week. I saw him once years ago but didn't think to get a picture. I personally love him and think we need more unique characters. There's only so much Mickey and Peter Pan this mommy can take.

I've seen Jack Sparrow over on the Pirate Island a few years ago. What a riot. I loved seeing him in the park. I miss how years ago Jack Sparrow came out on the island where they do Fantasmic for a 10 minute fight/escape routine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter