How much weight do you gain?

mommyaof2

DIS Veteran
Okay, I have to ask, with all the food at WDW, how much weight do you gain? I am trying to lose 10lbs before I go to the world, and I don't want to gain it all back in a week! So how many people really gain weight while on the DDP or otherwise?:confused3

With all the walking that we did, I actually lost 5lbs, which shocked me, because we ate A LOTTTT of food!:lmao:

Have a great vacation!
Kim
momofdbsdca

I always lose weight, because of all the walking. The key is to walk a LOT, and then you lose instead of gain. We live in the Orlando area now, and actually use Epcot as a track. We go to Epcot just about every weekend and power walk around and around and around the World Showcase :)

Cheers!
Heather W

We were on the dining plan our last two trips, and I lost weight on both trips.:cool1:

Now, with that said, I didn't eat like it was the last time I would see food. I split meals with my 12 y/o ds and dh, I skipped desserts/ appetizers if I didn't want them, and a couple of times, I just ordered two appetizers for my meals, and the guys ate the entrees and desserts. We're not buffet fans, but we did eat at Chef Mickey's one trip and Cape May Clam Bake Buffet the other.

The meals that were leftover from sharing meals allowed us to have a nice breakfast on a couple of mornings. I did request a sugar-free dessert ahead of time at the Coral Reef and Le Cellier, and both desserts were fabulous!

Last time I was there I gained 8 pounds even though we walked a lot and I did 30 minutes on the treadmill each morning... :)

I manage to keep just about even, despite weekly trips on both Saturday and Sunday and eating hearty. The trick, I feel, is not going out of your way to walk places, but to plan on long days. If you're in the parks for 8 or so hours, then 10 miles of walking is possible (it'll be at least five miles).

Of course, what I need to do is eat salads and then keep up the same walking, but that's another issue :)

I always lose 5-10 pounds even with all of the food. There's all that walking and then playing with my toddler on the playgrounds and taking turns with DH carrying her occasionally when she doesn't want to walk and is tired of the stroller.

I usually maintain the same weight, but I usually come back with some good muscle tone in my legs!

I was actually VERY concerned with this back in 2003 when I finally had managed to lose weight after a great many years of struggling, and I ate pretty well, still came back at the same weight.

I started losing weight before we left last year because my shorts were too tight. I kept on losing weight while on our trip even though we were on the dining plan. I was surprised that I kept losing weight but like everyone is saying it must be all that walking.

I gained 1-2 pounds, which I was very happy with. We too did a bunch of walking and were on the DDP and ate an obnoxious amount of food. And that was even with me spraining my ankle and not really being able to walk.

The ONLY time I gained was on the DDP. WAY TO MUCH FOOD and most of us don't burn that many calories at Disney. Yes it's a lot of walking, but it's not like you get your heart rate up doing it....

We took several breaks through the day, so I don't think we did as much walking. We were on the DDP and I ate what I wanted, but I didn't (for the most part) eat past the point of feeling full. I didn't stuff myself, but I didn't deny myself either.

That being said I gained three pounds which was not too bad IMHO.

We eat VERRRRY well, and I always lose weight when I go to Disney or Vegas, because of all the walking. :)

I don't normally TRULY gain a lot of weight - but I do gain short term water weight. I have a tendency to do that alot - doc has me on water pills just for that reason.

So if you do tend to retain water like lots of women do , don't be surprised by it.

:yay: Well, as for myself, I don't gain any weight there, I usually loose it!;) . I usually have some sort of funky stomach problems so I eat smaller meals and with all the walking...it just comes off..

So it seems that most of you gained little weight or lost weight. Sounds good to me!:cutie:

Sounds good to me too! I just lost 21 pounds and want to lose 46 more by the end of August when we go. We're doing the dining plan and I plan to eat, but I would hate to gain back too much when it's so hard to lose it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter