how much time to allow?

DebRMN

Mouseketeer
we have an ADR at Poly for 5pm on a Friday. We will be coming from ASMu.
My understanding is that the bus takes you to MK gates, & that we will need to take the ferry or monorail to Poly.
Is this correct & how much time should I allow from ASMu?

I have been trying to get an ADR for Liberty Tree that night but it just isn't happening. :sad2:

thanks

Yes, that is what you'd have to do.

From the bus stops, walk across to the monorail platform to board the resort monorail. You could also take the ferry to the TTC and walk from TTC to the Polynesian. Or, you could take the small motor launch (boat) that runs to the GF and the Polynesian, but it stops at GF first.

I'd allow an hour for transportation at least.

i would plan on being at mk that day, and then take the monorail or boat to poly. then you are 15 minutes away.

thanks! I will plan for an hour.

We will be at EPCOT that morning, & I would like for my kids to take a nap before dinner there......then on to the Pirate & Princess Party at MK

Yes.... you have options

Let me throw out another one! The one that IMHO involves the easiest transfer.

Take the bus to DTD, then another bus to the Poly. All of the bus stops at DTD are lumped together so you won't have to go far!

DTD is a very very long ride from the All Stars and back to the Polynesian.

The bus they get on at the DTD marketplace will stop at Pleasure Island, where it's likely that the drivers will change shifts, meaning more time consumed. Then it will most likely stop at Typhoon Lagoon if it's open (which it will be at 3-4 PM on a Friday). Then it will stop at the Contemporary before going on to the Polynesian.

My suggestion remains taking the bus to MK and transferring there.

I'd leave a little more than an hour. The only time we were almost late for an ADR we were coming from AKL and it took an hour and 20 minutes. You might want to consider taking a taxi from ASM to the Poly. To us its worth the $20.00 not to have to leave for dinner an hour and a half early

I second the taxi. We usually end up with one taxi ride per trip, it just saves time on the resort to resort trips you need to take. I'd do the taxi and not have to worry about taking an hour +.

Also keep trying for that Liberty Tree ressie. We had Ohana ressies and 3 weeks out decided to go to the P&PP. I called to move to Liberty Tree and was able to. Keep trying!

Allyson :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter