How much time for sea world?

tink70

artistmarnie.com
I am starting to plan our trip to WDW and this time we plan on going to sea world and universal. I am thinking that we would maybe spend the rest of our travel day at sea world, and wondering if that is unrealistic.
I have a 6 DD, and a 11 DS.
We also have 2 days planned for universal, then 5 at WDW.

Any thoughts?

If you time it right, it can be done in a day. The issue at SeaWorld is that the shows tend to all go on at the same time or within a few minutes of each other, so you can't watch one show then hop on to the next one.

Their site has park hours and show times listed (I just looked for my April trip), so if you plan well I think you can do most shows in one day.

We went last year and arrived at just before it opened at 9 am. We stayed until 6 pm and didn't see everything. We were sure to see the headline shows. If you get there early, they have a dolphin feeding at 9:10 or so. For a few dollars, you can buy small fish to hand feed the dolphins. After we did that, we went right to the Clyde and Seamore show. This was hilarious. After that we had just enough time to get to the dolphin show which was incredible. We had a little while before the Shamu show so we did a couple of walk through exhibits but not many. We did the Shamu show (awesome) and then had lunch. After that we only saw maybe 4 more exhibits. I think it is a difficult park to navigate. I am pretty good at reading maps, and I had trouble finding places. There is also a lot of walking and little hills. My dad is disabled and was going to get a wheel chair for mom to push him in, at the last minute he decided to get an electric scooter. Thank goodness because there is no way we could have pushed him all day. This is a really great park. I didn't really want to go but my mom did and she paid and I am so glad I went.

We went in August. We were there at opening, stayed till 4 ish, then went back to our condo for a swim. We went back in the evening for the night time Shamu show and fireworks. We had a lovely time. We ate lunch and supper at the parks and food was good. There are lots of things to see, and lots of shows. We saw most of the shows, but I agree that it takes planning to see them all because of the scheduling. It's a lot of walking, so wear very comfy shoes! We also went right to the 2 big rides and rode without much of a wait. There was actually NO line for Kraken, the big roller coaster.

So basically if I don't mind missing a few shows, I should be able to see alot of it, if I plan correctly. We go to an aquarium in CT often, so it is not like the first time my kids will see these animals/fish. I know they will enjoy feeding the dolphins and it looks like the park has changed alot since I was there, (1991) that's why I wanted to go, I just don't have a lot of time.

Thanks!

Do the roller coasters first (if you guys like coasters that is...) and the rest should be smooth sailing

Everyone keeps saying we should go to SeaWorld and i'd like too, but I worry about seeing it all and planning the rest of trip.
I'm thinking of doing 9-5 type of day and then on way back to hotel having the cab drop us at ESPN Zone for dinner. My son really wants to do this and it doens't fit in alot of places. I'll have to ck out website to look more closely.

This trip we're only doing Sea World and Busch Gardens along with one night at the Pirate & Princess Party at WDW. We got the 7 day 2-park unlimited entry tickets, and it cost us a whopping $94 (with tax) per person (I htought that was an unbelievable value for both parks!!). We plan on doing 2 days at Sea World and 2 days at Busch Gardens so we can see everything leisurely. Sea World has a lot of shows and exhibits that are all worthy to see.

We were there this summer and found we really needed 1.5 days to see/do everything in Seaworld. There really is a lot of walking and I found the show times really overlapped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter