how much spending $

madalynns mom

Mouseketeer
I know every one's spending habits are different but I'm looking for a general idea of how much spending money my boyfriend and I will need. We'll be arriving at our hotel around 12:30pm on a Wednesday and leaving around 3pm on Monday. I'd like to have a couple of sit down meals (Margaritaville for dinner, Hard rock for dinner, Mythos for lunch and possibly try the breakfast buffet at RPR)
We're also beer drinkers:drinking1 and since this is a kid free, adults only trip we'll be hanging out at city walk a couple of nights.
During the day we'll just pick up a snack here or there and I don't plan on buying too many souvenirs.
Thanks so much! You guys are the best

I know every one's spending habits are different but I'm looking for a general idea of how much spending money my boyfriend and I will need. We'll be arriving at our hotel around 12:30pm on a Wednesday and leaving around 3pm on Monday. I'd like to have a couple of sit down meals (Margaritaville for dinner, Hard rock for dinner, Mythos for lunch and possibly try the breakfast buffet at RPR)
We're also beer drinkers:drinking1 and since this is a kid free, adults only trip we'll be hanging out at city walk a couple of nights.
During the day we'll just pick up a snack here or there and I don't plan on buying too many souvenirs.
Thanks so much! You guys are the best

We have a family of 4 and when ever we are at universal we ate at all the places you mentioned except for Mythos and I always budget for $150 a day and a drink here and there :laughing: but found we don't actually spend that much.
the only place I have found to be real high was the hardrock cafe cause we spent $85.00 for one meal and a litte money saving tip is if you have a aaa card most of the places will give you a 10% discount when you show them the card and the only place that don't take the card is emrils and the hotel resturants.
hope this helps :thumbsup2

Take note beer is not cheap in the parks..Buy the souvenir pilsner for around $10 and refills are $5.50 Its like two for one cause of there size!!

Now you can go to the concierge desk and ask for coupons,and they may give you buy one get one free coupons or 10% off at certain restraunts-it dont hurt to ask!!

CW does have a happy hour (and Finnegans)Around 4-6PM take advantage of that!!

My DW and I bring about $100-$150 a day and it covers everything!!

Hope this helps..:thumbsup2

We have a family of 4 and when ever we are at universal we ate at all the places you mentioned except for Mythos and I always budget for $150 a day and a drink here and there :laughing: but found we don't actually spend that much.
the only place I have found to be real high was the hardrock cafe cause we spent $85.00 for one meal and a litte money saving tip is if you have a aaa card most of the places will give you a 10% discount when you show them the card and the only place that don't take the card is emrils and the hotel resturants.
hope this helps :thumbsup2

We are about the same except a family of 3 and budget about $130-$150 a day and normally don't spend that. We eat at RPR buffet every morning with the AP discount, then at a resturant in the parks (US Finnigan's). Then have a dinner out in Citywalk or at the hotel resturants.:thumbsup2

Thanks guys! Great tips. I'll definitely get those souvenir cups and I know I saw a thread with a list of the happy hours somewhere.

Wow, I sound like a drunk, huh?:laughing:

We are about the same except a family of 3 and budget about $130-$150 a day and normally don't spend that. We eat at RPR buffet every morning with the AP discount, then at a resturant in the parks (US Finnigan's). Then have a dinner out in Citywalk or at the hotel resturants.:thumbsup2
Yeah it looks like you guys were on the same track as us except I wanted breafast but the rest of the family just wanted to get to the parks :rotfl:

As far as resorts go and CW and the parks the price of food isnt bad at all-compared too what I payed at other places..

I love this website cuase it gives me a ballpark of what I'm going to spend and what they have too offer.Check out Latin Quarter at CW great food!!:thumbsup2
http://allears.net/uni/menu/menus.htm

Also don't forget about the refillable cups for regular drinks cause it saves alot compaired to buying a drink everytime you get thirsty cause thats runs into alot of $$$$

Also don't forget about the refillable cups for regular drinks cause it saves alot compaired to buying a drink everytime you get thirsty cause thats runs into alot of $$$$

Interesting! Do all the restaurants in the parks have those or just certain ones?

Interesting! Do all the restaurants in the parks have those or just certain ones?
You can basically buy them anywhere in the parks and the stores they are very easy to find cause we got our at one of the counter services

The refillable cups are good at all the street vendors and counter service restruants,not the sit downs..

Thanks forn the info. Donald & Ky.

Any idea of the cost? I assume they are good for just 1 day.

I think they are when you consider how much you will pay for the many drinks you will buy in 1 day

http://www.universalorlando.com/citywalk.html

click on the dining button.
you can figure out the food costs for city walk in advance.

there are some places in CW that have happy hour.
2 for 1 and half price hours for booze.

do show any card that will give you a discount.
AAA is generally accepted at all of them.

if you have the hard rock access club card, you'll get your discount and points for anything at HRC.

do you need someone to pull up the happy hour thread for you?
or did you mean you found it already?

you will have fun.
pack a bottle for your trip.
then you can drink more............:rolleyes1

http://www.universalorlando.com/citywalk.html

click on the dining button.
you can figure out the food costs for city walk in advance.

there are some places in CW that have happy hour.
2 for 1 and half price hours for booze.

do show any card that will give you a discount.
AAA is generally accepted at all of them.

if you have the hard rock access club card, you'll get your discount and points for anything at HRC.

do you need someone to pull up the happy hour thread for you?
or did you mean you found it already?

you will have fun.
pack a bottle for your trip.
then you can drink more
............:rolleyes1
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Flamingo

I think they are when you consider how much you will pay for the many drinks you will buy in 1 day

Wondering if you have to buy a new refillable cup each day or if you can use your same cup for your length of stay like the refillable mugs you get @ the WDW resorts?

Also - on some of the menus I was looking at, they had refillable drinks listed, but you pay a certain price for each refill. Is that how all the refillable drinks @ USF work? TIA

Wondering if you have to buy a new refillable cup each day or if you can use your same cup for your length of stay like the refillable mugs you get @ the WDW resorts?

Also - on some of the menus I was looking at, they had refillable drinks listed, but you pay a certain price for each refill. Is that how all the refillable drinks @ USF work? TIA

there are different promos on the beverages.

beer, you can buy the pilsner and get a cheap refill.

soda, if you have any UO mug, you can have cheap refills for life.
last summer was cheaper than what i paid for my refills in october.
my cost was $.74 a refill.

the beverage program with the sippy cup/other also, was valid for the day only you bought that promo. some cups were date stamped on them.

from reports of others during the summer, many of them did get free refills during their length of stay. (they used the same cup and had free refills)
it wasn't set up that way, but, many TM's gave out the mummy dust and all were thrilled that got it.

officially, there are no free refills on any of the programs at universal like disney has for their resort guests mugs.

You can buy a refillable cup (for soda) and use it forever. No more buying new ones each trip like WDW.

yes, if you have the refillable mugs, you only pay the refill price on them for the soda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter