How much room do photos take?

monkeydawn

DIS Veteran
Hi all! As the cruise date grows closer, I have another question that hopefully someone can help me with. My cabin mate is buying the all digital photo package. I would like a copy of the photos after we get home. Do you know about how much space the photos should take up? If I bring a 4 GB USB stick would that be enough for, lets say, 100 photos? Or, how much space and how many photos was your digital package? Thanks in advance for any help you can give! :)

Just an update. I dont know just how new this is but I hadnt noticed a reference to it before my trip. You can download your photos before you leave the ship (at least to an iphone but I saw nothing ipropietary)! So I never even had to mess with copying over my friends photos onto my thumbdrive. I love uploading photos to Shutterfly from the iOS app so this is actually so much better.

To do this you will need to but a photo package that includes upload ability. This wasnt listed as a perk of our package so it is either really new or maybe a perk to all packages. Visit Shutters and "log in" to a monitor with the KTTW card associated with the photos you want to dl. There will be a page/ tab that explains how to dl, you may need a Shutters employee to show you. On that page will be your special code. I took a picture of that code because you will likely need to enter it more than once, so make note of your code somehow. Follow the instructions on screen to access the photos on your phone. Once the thumbnails appear on your phone you will need to select each photo, wait for it to completely DL, and then save to your photos. Done be impatient or you will be savinging partial photos. And it isnt as fun as it sounds to go back and try to figure out which photos you are missing. Trust me on this. Each photo will open in a different tab so expect to have a hundred or so tabs to close. I closed mine in batches but Im not sure it made a difference as far as speed or anything. DCL can definitely streamline this process in the future (I hope) but its really great to even have this option at all.

Just an update. I dont know just how new this is but I hadnt noticed a reference to it before my trip. You can download your photos before you leave the ship (at least to an iphone but I saw nothing ipropietary)! So I never even had to mess with copying over my friends photos onto my thumbdrive. I love uploading photos to Shutterfly from the iOS app so this is actually so much better.

To do this you will need to but a photo package that includes upload ability. This wasnt listed as a perk of our package so it is either really new or maybe a perk to all packages. Visit Shutters and "log in" to a monitor with the KTTW card associated with the photos you want to dl. There will be a page/ tab that explains how to dl, you may need a Shutters employee to show you. On that page will be your special code. I took a picture of that code because you will likely need to enter it more than once, so make note of your code somehow. Follow the instructions on screen to access the photos on your phone. Once the thumbnails appear on your phone you will need to select each photo, wait for it to completely DL, and then save to your photos. Done be impatient or you will be savinging partial photos. And it isnt as fun as it sounds to go back and try to figure out which photos you are missing. Trust me on this. Each photo will open in a different tab so expect to have a hundred or so tabs to close. I closed mine in batches but Im not sure it made a difference as far as speed or anything. DCL can definitely streamline this process in the future (I hope) but its really great to even have this option at all.
Didn't you have to have the wifi package to do it or were you able to do it without paying an arm and a leg?

That's awesome. They were doing downloads when we were on the ship in March 2018, but when I mentioned about not having the wifi package, the Shutters staff didn't say anything. So either they didn't understand what that had to do with it or I would have had to have the wifi package back then. Anyway, I'll definitely try that out next time.

Now i
That's awesome. They were doing downloads when we were on the ship in March 2018, but when I mentioned about not having the wifi package, the Shutters staff didn't say anything. So either they didn't understand what that had to do with it or I would have had to have the wifi package back then. Anyway, I'll definitely try that out next time.
m sorry I didn’t save the instruction page to see exactly how detailed it was. I believe while on the DCLguest WiFi you go to dclphotos.com on your browser. Then scroll to bottom of page where it says log in. Input cabin number and special id number you get from Shutters monitor after keying in. Then you should be good to go. Hopefully this helps a little if the Shutters employee is less than helpful. You can only do this while you are still on the ship.

We only down out about the dL because we couldn’t figure out what the $31 upgrade that was showing was, we thought maybe prints. So we got someone from Shutters and she clicked on a different page and told us we had the biggest package and there were no upgrades and to ignore. Two of us noticed the reference to download the photos and asked about it. Otherwise I don’t think the Shutters employee would have mentioned it and it wasn’t obvious at all. I made her stick with me and walk me through it and then i did everyone else’s phone in our party (well, talked through where there were gaps).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter