How much Christmas shopping have you done b/c of the Budget Board?

RadioFanatic

Mouseketeer<br><font color=6d6b70>SO not a jewelry
Well, every year around Christmas, I start stressing b/c I have to get Christmas presents for 28 people (not even including dh) and bday presents for 5 people. Needless to say, things get expensive.

So this year, b/c of the great ideas from this board (for which I thank all Dis'ers), I have gotten presents for 7 out of the 8 kids (disney direct) and candles for 12 people (yankee candle). I can't wait to see what comes up next! Keep the ideas coming!

What about y'all?

I haven't gotten anything because of the budget board exactly. But I did buy one thing for hubby so far...through BMG as part of my buy 3 get 1 free special. And I just ordered a couple of small things for my sister, bil, niece and nephew from Avon which were all on sale. I will be paying a little more attention to the budget board though for more ideas...especially as our WDW vacation is very soon after Christmas.

I have bought lots of things thinking they were going to be Christmas presents, but then I end up keeping them for myself!!! Keep those ideas coming so I can get my Christmas shopping started LOL!

I got some pins for stockings stuffers from the Disneydirect pin sale, I also got a nightgown for DMIL with some great Chadwicks codes I got on here. Oh, got DD pajamas and winter gloves from Disneydirect, too. I've gotten a ton of school supplies for $14 at Walmart that I plan on using for teachers' gifts, an idea from the school supply and Christmas gift threads. That's all so far for Christmas, but I've also gotten things I've used for birthday gifts and Easter baskets, too.

From Disneydeals.com I got a bambi snowglobe for DS for Christmas :love: (btw it is HUGE) and a Disney themed croquet set I'm saving for Easter.

I have the Vtech Vsmile game system for dd 4 and a spiderman heros towns or something like that in Layaway ( does that count?). Today Ups dropped off the toys r us easy bake oven for dd. So yeah, I've started, but I got to buy for dd's 5th birthday soon. That one is easy. she's getting a princess tv and maybe something else small.

Gosh as much as I love Christmas I'm really dreading the shopping part this year.

sabrina

Unfortunately, NONE. I did, however, receive my 1st FREE sample today because of the Budget Board :jumping1:

Besides, for my children this Xmas we are going to DISNEY WORLD :teeth:

(We are going to allow them to get some stuff while we are there, but are not buying any presents before hand.)

I got a Christmas Stitch plush and Power Ranger sleeping bag for nephews from Disney Direct (or Disney Deals, can't remember) and a very big Bratz doll, around 2 or 3' and Fur Real Panda Bear for my daughter from Buy.com -- all excellent prices.

Brenda

I bought 3 Yankee Candles and a couple things from the "free" silver jewelry site. That thing is addictive! I keep wanting to check "one more time" to see what the new item will be!

RadioFanatic said:
4 more christmas presents thanks to the Reebok thread!

We have a Reebok outlet near us, and I received a postcard in the mail from them yesterday about the 40% off sale. (I'm on their mailing list.) I have to go by that way tomorrow, so I might take a stop by to see if I can get a couple of things checked off my christmas list. Oh...and even better...I get an additional 15% off with my AAA card at the outlet.

Do they let you combine the AAA discount and the coupon? I always forget about all the AAA stuff. I don't think I've ever remembered to use it for any discount.

Sheila

No Christmas shopping yet, but I did get my daughter a ton of clothes for next summer already thanks to someone posting about the Healthtex clearance sale.

:cool1: I got the Bubba Keggs for my friends for Christmas. Some one on the budget board posted they got them in lime green for $3 at Walmarrt and when I went to my walmart they were $1.50 yahoooo! They were usually $7.95 ea. :banana: :banana: :banana: Happy Dance!!!!!!! Then some one posted that ToyRus had a sale on my little pony and polly pockets so I got them for my DM to give to the girls she babysits at church. I went to Target after some one posted they were doing the clearence sell and got some things for my oldest DS24 (cooler he can use as a lunchbox) :banana:
I just have to say the whole disboard has saved me tons of money to spend on Christmas, Disney vacations, Birthdays, Groceries. All the posters are so smart and savey, They know everything!!!!!!!! They are GREAT!!!!!! :goodvibes :teacher:

bought a few things from meijers. my dd works there and she let me know about the toy clearance. bought a few lego things on wednesday, then went yesterday and bought a huge lego castle set. it has over 600 pieces and was originally $90. with my dd's discount we got it for $30 and then they gave us a free birthday cake coupon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter