How Many Snack Credits are Left?! 11 Nights of Free Dining! *COMPLETED 31 JULY*

Yay for finishing up your reviews!!! Almost time to make our ADRs for our next trip !!

Day 8 - snack at Starring Rolls

And it was cupcake time!
Despite loving the red velvet cupcake last time I decided to go for the carrot cake with the little halloween ghost. JC went for the red velvet though . . .which worked well for me as I regretted my decision so we shared both!

The carrot cake was average - extremely moist but also very over sweet. It wasn't a patch on the ooey gooey, dense red velvet. This is also sickly but because its cream cheese rather then frosting its a bit less sickly to eat.

I love this place for a quick cupcake and cup of tea so I'm slightly traumatised about what we will have in October now Disney has closed it down.

IMG_0190.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 0
Day 8 - snack at Starring Rolls

And it was cupcake time!
Despite loving the red velvet cupcake last time I decided to go for the carrot cake with the little halloween ghost. JC went for the red velvet though . . .which worked well for me as I regretted my decision so we shared both!

The carrot cake was average - extremely moist but also very over sweet. It wasn't a patch on the ooey gooey, dense red velvet. This is also sickly but because its cream cheese rather then frosting its a bit less sickly to eat.

I love this place for a quick cupcake and cup of tea so I'm slightly traumatised about what we will have in October now Disney has closed it down.

View attachment 224408

I am really sad about the red velvet cupcake. As far as I know, they haven't moved it anywhere else yet.

Day 8 - lunch

Lunch was at an old favourite of mine, Earl of Sandwich.

Theres only one choice for me here -The Original - roasted beef, cheddar and horseradish sauce $7.45. Hot bread, hot beef and lots of chesse. This was amazing.
Earl1.jpg
JC ordered the Holiday Turkey - Turkey, cornbread stuffing, turkey gravy, cranberry sauce and mayonnaise $6.99 and we shared both. This was OK - not quite as much filling as The Original but tasted OK.
earl.jpg
To be honest though, knowing we were so close to D-Luxe burger and not there put a bit of a dampner on it! Thats how much we enjoyed the burger!

However, I have said in the past and I'll say it again - The Earl's brownie is the best brownie on property (so good I stuffed it before taking a photo!). Thank goodness this recipe has not changed over the years!!! Dense and full of chocolatey goodness.

I'll be back here . . .. but it will possibly never be my favourite quick service again!

Enjoying your reviews. Narcoossees is one of our favorite signature restaurants! We love it there :lovestruc
There's nothing better than a glass of wine while watching wishes.

Day 8 - Dinner at Boma

Boma dinner is one of my favourite meals at Disney, tho I hadnt been for probably 7 or 8 years. JC had never been.

I totally disgraced myself with the amount I ate.

Plates 1 and 2:
Selection of different hummus and pita breads - so good and full of flavour; also I like hummus because you can pretend that its healthy. Some sort of salad - so I was definitely pretending that this would be a healthy night at this stage. And a cornbread muffin because I adore cornbread (we don't really have it in the UK) and as our House of Blues ADR had been cancelled this looked like my only chance of the trip to get any. That was a teensy bit dry but OK.
Then I had the bowl of Buerwors Sausage Stew which was fairly spicy and quite filling. I picked out quite a lot of sausage for my bowl . . . don't you just love people like me!!!

If you're wondering why I got two platefuls at once, the line was LONG! And SLOW!
Boma.jpg

My entree plate is next. After a week on Disney food I cannot tell you how nice it was to eat a vegetable. See - pretending to be healthy. I devoured the broccoli! Huge pile of creamy mash as I like mash and a little sweet potato mash which I dont remember being especially well flavoured. The fried thing on top was plantain chips - we all tried these and all thought that they were pointless - hard and flavourless. Then I had chicken nuggets (because you can't beat Disney nuggets) and beef and turkey from the carving station - he gave me the smallest but of beef that I have ever seen. I was seriously disappointed.

Boma1.jpg
Dessert time! I had it in my head that I didn't like zebra domes for some reason . . . after eating one I realised that I was an idiot so got another. The brownie was OK but not as dense as I would have liked. Pineapple was lovely and fresh (still pretending that this was a healthy meal . . . ); i think there was a mini muffin but I dont recall it being amazing. Then that small piece of chocolate that you can see was like an ooey, gooey, dark chocolate ganache block of heaven. We all went back and got more of these which were worth the price of the meal alone!
Boma2.jpg
All in all a great meal and we will definitely go back - we can't fit it in to this years plans which is disappointing but definitely the next trip!

Cost would have been $84 for both of us.

Last edited:
When we ate at Boma a swore the carver must work in a pathology lab because how small and thin the slices were. Actually I found it irritating, I'm paying a hefty price, waiting in line to get food, and then come away feeling like Oliver. More please!

When we ate at Boma a swore the carver must work in a pathology lab because how small and thin the slices were. Actually I found it irritating, I'm paying a hefty price, waiting in line to get food, and then come away feeling like Oliver. More please!
Right! And its not like it wasn't a big enough slab of cow!! Share it around dude!

Day 9 - Lunch

Harambe Market.

Upon approaching this place I had assumed that all the different pods contained different menu items, so I had been busy explaining to JC that we would both need to order what we wanted from where we wanted and then meet again to find a seat . . . I was slightly nonplussed to discover that all of the different areas actually contained the same menus and that I looked less of an expert and more of an idiot . . .! Anyway!

JC had the Beef and Pork Sausage - Fried in curried corn batter and served with green papaya slaw and black-eyed pea salad and I had the Spice-rubbed KARUBI Ribs - Served with green papaya carrot slaw and black-eyed pea salad

Both were followed by the Warm Malva Spice Cake as its the only dessert available.

I think we both thought the same about this meal -just a bit "meh" - nothing bad but nothing great to make us want to return there. I liked the slaw and salad, and the ribs were nice enough but there wasn't much meat on them. Trying to find a seat was a pain - the place was packed and the majority of the seating doesn't have shelter which really annoys me in this heat. How much does a parasol cost really!?

AK1.jpg
AK.jpg

Cost saved by free dining was $38

And its not like it wasn't a big enough slab of cow!! Share it around dude!

:rotfl2: "Share it around dude!" I am so stealing this line!

Trying to find a seat was a pain - the place was packed

That was our experience as well, the one and only time we attempted a meal there. It was probably the closest I ever came to a full melt down at Disney. Our food was cold before a nice cast member showed us a seating area around the corner.

Day 9 - Dinner.

Akershus. A new restaurant for me!

The appetisers are on a buffet and I loved them. LOVED! This is my cup of tea. Pork products, asparagus and cheese. What more do you need?! The brown coloured cheese was (I think they said) caramel flavoured goat cheese and absolutely amazing. So smooth tasting. I ate a lot more of it than is on the picture! There is also some mackerel which is one of the few fishes I like. Very enjoyable course this!

IMG_0332.JPG
Next up I ordered the Grilled Pork Chop (Svinekotelett) - char-grilled center cut pork chop. To be honest this just wasn't for me. There was a really strong tasting gravy over the potato (ruining potato is unforgivable!) and over the veg. I ended up eating just the half of the pork that didn't have this over it and just picking at the other bits.

IMG_0333.JPG

For dessert you get a selection out on a plate - imagine my horror to discover that I couldn't order what I wanted AND would have to share!! I hate rice pudding. I tried this and it was edible but that's all. I think the middle item was maybe warm apple cake? I cant really remember. It was nice but not amazing. The bottom, chocolate dessert was lovely and I seem to recall the three of us kept crossing spoons in this area!!
IMG_0361.JPG
The meal as a whole was quite rushed - three courses and lots of princess meetings and we were still in and out in an hour. They brought out the dessert plate before we had finished our entrees which is a particular peeve of mine. Our server was lovely and friendly. Honestly though, this isn't somewhere that I would choose to go back to again for a long time. Unless they let you in for just an appetiser and dessert buffet. Now that would be gooooooooood!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter