How Many Snack Credits are Left?! 11 Nights of Free Dining! *COMPLETED 31 JULY*

Interesting. I read that they moved everything BUT the red velvet.

That is horrible. I'll see if I can find where I read it. Maybe I'm thinking about the butterfinger? My DD loves red velvet so I thought it was as that but now I think about it she missed out on the BF last time so maybe that was the one.

Sorry for the delay, moving house and then an Alaskan cruise seem to have eaten up the past three months! Time to finish this review and fairly quickly, as the next trip is only 65 days away!

Only true Disney people would appreciate this - we moved house on the day we had to book ADRs for this year's trip I was not happy at trying to do it on my phone, with no wifi, and surrounded by people who kept bumping me with boxes and trying to make me work!! Priorities!!

With no further ado, day 10!

We had breakfast in the room and then stopped at Sunshine Seasons to share a cinnamon roll ($3.79) It was OK, after a cinnamon bun at Gastons though, its hard to go back to one of these ones! Remember when we all used to think that these were the best?!
bun.jpg

From there we had a snacking lunch around the world:
Starting in Australia with Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Peppers, Onions, and Snap Peas ($5) and Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies ($7.25). Both divine - we agreed that we could quite happily go and buy these straight over again! JC isn't usually keen on lamb so I was a bit disappointed that he took his share.
F&WF.jpg
Then Canada - I was dying to introduce JC to the cheddar cheese soup and pretzel roll ($4.75). Safe to say that he liked it. We almost fought over it.
F&WF2.jpg

Then we popped over to Brazil for crispy pork belly with black beans and tomato ($5.50). This was really good to. Honestly, we couldn't find a thing to moan about!

F&WF3.jpg

Don't worry - we hadn't finished. I hadn't had a schoolbread for years so it was time ($3.49). This was amazing and so big for the price!
school.jpg

At this point I decided that I wanted an alcoholic drink and then had a completely spoilt princess magical meltdown about the length off lines at the drink booths and the slooooooow speed that they were moving! Thankfully on our way out of world showcase a heavenly light shone upon me . . . a stand with alcoholic dole whips?!!! I didn't even know these existed!!! And with a short line?!! I was in heaven!!!
dole.jpg
It was fairly strong and I don't recall much of the next hour....

Coming next . . . BOG

Last edited:
Somehow we made it to MK and our ADR at BOG. I've had a QS lunch there before but never dinner so I was uber excited!! I think we had too wait 10-15 minutes past our ADR time, then we got seated in the darkest room (the library?) which we were all pleased about because it was fairly peaceful -little dark if you want really good photos though! Just loved, loved, loved it here. The ambiance, the theming, the staff, meeting the beast - cannot recommend it more!

JC and I both had the same dinner - grilled strip steak with Garlic-Herb Butter and Pommes Frites ($35) and The "Grey Stuff" Chocolate Shell, Cookie Crème topped with Lumiere’s special “Grey Stuff”. The steak and fries were cooked just how we wanted and really flavorsome and I absolutely loved the grey stuff - so light with a nice crumbly base and a hidden mickey sauce! We cannot wait to go back here in 70 days!
BOG.jpg
bog 1.jpg

beast.jpg

Day 11

We had some snack credits to use up so breakfast was a shared Mickey pretzel with cheese sauce and a churro with chocolate sauce from Frontier Land.
I'm not a fan of the whole fake melted cheese thing so just had a small price of the pretzel which was chewy but good - not as good as the cream cheese stuffed ones that you can get on Disney cruises though!. The churro was lovely - hot and fresh. I used some of the chocolate sauce but enjoy them just how they come too!
churro.jpg
pretzel.jpg

Lunch was at Be Our Guest.

I had the Croque Monsieur - Grilled sandwich of carved ham, Gruyere cheese, and bechamel with Pommes Frites whilst JC had the Carved Roast Beef Sandwich - served warm on a baguette with blue cheese horseradish sour cream and Pomme Frites. We switched one of our desserts for a french onion soup as I really wanted to try it, and then shared the lemon meringue cupcake. Every bits of this meal was good and I think we both plan on ordering exactly the same meal when we return in October! We sat in the main ball room this time for a change. The soup was crammed with onion and cheese and was full of flavour; my sandwich had a good amount of filling, and the cupcake was sweet but light.
BOG 1.jpg
BOG.jpg
BOG3.jpg
BOG2.jpg

Total amount saved so far today $55.55

Day 11 continues:

Beaches n Cream for dinner - I had been DYING to take JC here!! I just love this place!

We both ordered the Angus Beef Burger - served with Cheddar, Lettuce, and Tomato on a Fresh-baked Bun, and then I went for my all time favourite - the No Way Jose - A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge delight featuring Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry. JC went for the Fudge Mudslide - A gooey, chewy Brownie covered with Hot Fudge, Three Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream, Oreo cookies, Whipped Cream, topped with a Cherry.

The burger was, as always, the best burger on earth. I don't know how they get them so moist! And the roll doesn't fall apart when you're holding it which is one of my pet peeves.

The no way hose was excellent - so big though. I usually focus on the sauce, cream and chips first and then see if i have any space left for the icecream!

JC ate every bite of his! :worship:
B&C.jpg
B&C1.jpg
B&C2.jpg

Its fair to say this was a hit with JC...
B&C3.jpg

Total saved $57.88

Attachments

• B&C2.jpg
    B&C2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
Day 12 -

The last morning!

We went for breakfast at Olivia's as we were staying at OKW. This was a great place, light and airy with a relaxed atmosphere and friendly, helpful staff. definitely a nice place to go if you're not in a rush for rope drop.

I ordered the Eggs and Hash - two eggs any style served over Sweet Potato Ham Hash topped with Key Lime Hollandaise served with Buttermilk Biscuit. JC went for Olivia's Breakfast - Two Eggs-Any Style, potato casserole, Buttermilk Biscuit with choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Ham.

The sweet potato ham hash was really good and I've recreated it at home since. I found the key lime hollandaise an odd combination though and only tasted a tiny piece of it. The buttermilk biscuit was nice and fluffy and the eggs perfectly runny. JC enjoyed his - especially the potatoes which I tried and were good! I love potato at breakfast!
Olivia 1.jpg
Olivia.jpg

We finished up having a couple of plates of chicken nuggets for lunch, whilst waiting for the magic express.

Days saving $49.98.

So there we are! Loads of places that we will definitely go back to, one that we never would, and a bad few weeks on the scales once we returned! Thanks for reading! I'll just work out what we saved and be back . . .

I'm back - with the free dining plan we saved $1215.93 on the items I have mentioned . . . this doesn't count a few drinks that I forgot to take photos of plus snack credit items that I was picking up in the gift shop on the last day just to use the credits up. Amazing value!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter