• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many points??

deno2

Mouseketeer
DH and I have been tossing around the idea of buying into the DVC since our honeymoon 10 years ago. Back then we didn't think we would make that many trips to WDW. Since our Honeymoon, we've been back to Disney 12 times. So, to make a short question even longer, how many points do the experts think that we would need to buy. We are a family of 5 and we take one big vaca, (7-11 days) every other year, and a couple of short ones, (3-4) on the off years. Any and all imput would be greatly appreciated!!

deno

If you go that much, you almost can't have too many.

Grand Villas are great. We are only a family of three and we get a Grand Villa every year for 10-12 nights.

I think 430 points is a decent number, many have more, many have less.

Assuming your looking at DVC for every year (14 days over 2 years) and can avoid weekends as much as possible, you're looking at around 250-350 points roughly. That assumes you don't plan on staying at OKW primarily and that you book a 2 BR. The exact amount will vary depending on specifics, home resort choices, exact length of DVC stays and the like. Time of year will also affect your choices. For that many points, I'd recommend resale. Buy at the resort you plan to stay at the most. Don't plan on long weekends for the short stays, not a very reasonable use of points. If this is your plan, pay cash for those visits and buy less points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter