How many pairs of twins do you know?

I have twin cousins on my fathers side. Fraternal boys.
I have twin cousins on my mothers side. Identical boys.
I have a cousin by marriage on my mothers side who is a triplet (of the three of them, two are identical, the other fraternal)
I know a few local families who have twins/triplets, but not well.

I worked with identical twin sisters when I was pulled to another floor of the hospital one day... it took about 8 hours of my shift before I realized they weren't the same nurse. They were both pregnant and we all wore the same color scrubs. The only real "telll" was one had her hair in a pony tail and the other had hers down. I felt so stupid. lol

fun story:
My MIL had no idea she was having twins (this is my husband and his bro) and it was the early 80’s so sonogram wasn’t done unless it was a high risk pregnancy. They heard only one heartbeat - but when she went in to give birth....NATURALLY..the doctor told her after her first son came out “there’s another baby in there”
CAN YOU IMAGINE.

The triplets I mentioned earlier in my post were like that. They did know/think the mother was having twins, but they were surprised by the third baby. And she had all three natural. I didn't believe it the first time I heard the story.

I have twins, there are 6 sets of twins in their class (out of 300 kids), Dd18 is very close friends with 3 of the girl ones. I had 2 close friends who had twins before I had mine, I joined an online group of twin moms when mine were born, so I know a bunch from there. DH has identical twin cousins, those are the only twins in both of our families besides ours.

Mom of 13 year old twins here... I’ve met a few other sets through play groups and I work with a woman who also has 13 years old twins, but I don’t really KNOW the twins themselve.

9 sets of twins and two sets of triplets.

My mom’s side of the family seems to have at least one set of twins per generation. 4 sets currently living.

I went to school with a set (5), each of my kids have gone to school with at least 1 set that I knew (6 and 7) plus at least one set of triplets each. My friend adopted twins (8). My son’s college roommate is a twin (9), although I’ve only met his twin sister a couple of times.

None right now.....my cousin's wife was a twin.
Went to school with a couple sets.....one family in our neighborhood had 3 sets.
Also went to high school with a set of triplets

I went to school with a pair of twin boys, and my Aunts Cherry and Carrie were twins.
My mother lost twins before I was born.

My grandma is a twin. There was another set of twins in her sibling group. My cousin had twins. Plus I went to school with several sets of twins.

A lot, a lot.......I did go to grammar school with twin girls, I had a boyfriend who was a twin and had triplet brothers too, BUT

There are a ton of twins in the family. I have identical twin grandsons (I guess not from my son/my family).

My mother-in-law is a fraternal twin, she had another set of fraternal twin siblings, DH has a cousin with twins, my cousin's daughter has fraternal twins, I can go on and on.

I’m married to a twin and am the mom to twins myself. I’m part of a MoMs (Moms of Multiples) group, so lots of twins in that group. I’m a middle school teacher, so I teach at least one set of twins each year, but usually more. My twins’ grade has at least seven sets of twins that I can think of at the moment.

My paternal grandmother was a twin. I have a cousin who has twin sons.

There were five or six sets of twins in my high school class, and one of my college roommates had a twin brother.

I have an imaginary evil twin, if that counts.

A lot... My grandmother had 4 sets of twins - so my dad and almost all of his siblings. I have 2 cousins that have sets of twins. I was friends with at least 2 different sets of twins growing up. I'm also a teacher, so I usually see at least 1-2 sets of twins a year. There's 4 sets that I know of out of a class of about 90 this year.

A co-worker has identical twin grand-daughters. They are two years old.

A couple I went to high school with have a boy and a girl, both red-heads. They are three years old.

When we have family gatherings there are 5 sets of twins. And yet twins don't run in our family! Mine are adopted, a (female)cousin's are due to IVF, another set is that cousin's sister in law's (we are close with them so they come to family functions), and 2 sets are my male cousin's (the brother of the cousin who had IVF). Unfortunately my male cousin's wife had difficult pregnancies and one of the twins from each pregnancy was stillborn.
In my foster parent group for medically complex families at least 4 of us have adopted twins. And there have been other sets of twins that my friends have had who have been reunified.
Of all the twins mentioned above, mine are the only identical. All others are fraternal.
I'm also friends with identical twins.

Lots. I'm in academia, and many of us had our children late in life because we were working on our Ph.D.. Lots of my friends conceived through IVF or other similar methods, so lots of twins.

My great-aunt Gloria had three sets of twins, two in her first marriage and one in her second. I went to high school with a set of identical twin girls who were named Fame and Fortune.

My brothers are twins. Both my dad and my mom had twins in their immediate families. Looking back at my family tree, twins are very frequent. My daughter's best friend and her husband recently adopted twin girls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter