How many of you slept in the car for a break? =]

SDRocKGirL

Mouseketeer
I can't remember how many times I've tried to do Disneyland for 12+ hours straight without getting so exhausted. Sometimes it gets to the point where you can't appreciate Disneyland nights because you can't keep your eyes open!

I had reservations at the Candy Cane Inn at first and this was the solution to be able to go back to the room and take a nap, but I cancelled them. :rolleyes: Well that's kind of besides the point.

Anywho, my question is, has anybody ever went back to their cars to take a quick nap? I'm thinking this could be possible yet since it's been too hot, it could be too unbearable.

Too bad there's no place inside Disneyland that offers places to nap. HAHA. That's so far fetched though, even I wouldn't suggest it.

my first time to disneyland i went up with my mom and grandma in her motorhome and my grandma went back to it later in the day when she got bored of the park. i guess if you turn the AC on in your car you could nap, just go for it and let us know how it goes. have fun :)

We never take a car. Up until the last 2 trips we have just used a shuttle from the airport, and went car free while we were there. My last two trips I've had a car, but just left it at the candy cane while I was at the park.

If you want a place to rest in the park you can always take the train around the park a couple of times. Or find a nice quiet in Innoventions and rest. Not really a nap in either place, but quiet and easy to rest. Or have a long sit down, full service meal somewhere. Or sit in the lobby of the GCH. There are places to rest, just not sleep.

ok, this might be a little too sneaky for you, but it could def work. go to the disneyland hotel and wait for someone to open the pool gate and go in after them and take a nap in the pool chairs. technically, it's not the most honest thing to do, but really, you're not taking anything or bothering anyone, you're just sitting in one of a hundred chairs for a little bit. i always forget to bring my keycard with me so i end up waiting for someone to come along and open the gate anyway. you've been going to DL for years, it owes you a free nap.

haha. great ideas guys, keep them coming they're quite amusing. but i think i might stick to the car route. just want to know if anyone else does this on a regular basis :thumbsup2

two suggestions-
If you are in Disneyland- Honey I shrunk the Audience
If you are in California Adventure- Golden Dreams
I think there is a reason these two houses of rest remain open! :rotfl:

LOL! Yes, we did this last June! :rotfl2:

We were on the upper level of the parking garage one day and it was cool enough that we just opened the windows. The only trouble was noise from people walking by. We did see another family that was having lunch in their van. Another day, it was hot and we were parked in the outside section (Pinocchio maybe) and we ran the AC and hung a newspaper and our jackets on the windows to block the sun a bit. This worked better because the car noise and AC blocked the outside noise. There were just 2 of us, so I laid down in the backseat and dozed a bit and DH read in the front seat, and then reclined and dozed a bit too.

So, I don't know if anyone else would actually do this, but we certainly did! I've also done the same at the Epcot parking lot at WDW when I wasn't feeling well and wanted to rest a bit, but didn't want to go to the First Aid.

I say go ahead and take a break in the car!

YAY! finally someone who actually does it! =]

My bf and I will be heading up there really early. Traveling to LA from SD can be quite a pain. Do you guys know if they'll let you park in the parking garage that early or will they make you park outside first? Cuz that would suck to try to take a break under the blazing sun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter