How many days do you work out?

nelle

DIS Veteran
Does everyone work out everyday or do you do a rest day? Today my body was killing me so I was only able to do 1 mi on the treadmill(I usually do 2mi) I was wondering if maybe I need to incorporate a off day or two in my week? So what are your weekly work out schedules like?
Thanks,

I have been working out every morning. I get up and am at the gym by 4:30. I do the TM for 35 minutes, I will increase the time. I just started to incorporte a run along witht he walk. I walk 4 minutes run 5 minutes. I tend to take of Sunday for sure and maybe Sat. I also work with personal trainer 2 days of the week. Now for all this you would think I would be thin, but i have only been doing it for 3 weeks. I think the biggest thing is to really do a good stretch after working out.

I'm interested to see what everyone else says

I only work out M - F, at least 60 min of cardio a day, plus 20 - 30 min of weights and push-ups on MWF. I rest on the weekends. :banana:

6 days but 10 different times - and soon to be more
Weekday mornings I WATP
M-Th after work Im at Curves
Sat morn Im at Curves
Sun I usually take off
However as soon as the weather gets warmer I'll also be taking walks outside with a friend

I workout 6 days usually. Occassionally 7 but I really like to give myself one day off a week. Last week it was so pretty on friday (my day off) that I took a long walk anyway, but didnt do high intensity workout, so I still considered it to be a day off, sort of.

My plan is curves six days a week and then roller skate on Sunday evenings.

I do 4-5 days a week (approx 30 min) and I've been able to maintain and even keep losing.

nelle said:
I was wondering if maybe I need to incorporate a off day or two in my week? So what are your weekly work out schedules like?
Thanks,

You really should give yourself 1 day off per week on a WORKOUT schedule. As others have posted, on that day do a relaxing stroll or some other fun sport. Otherwise you are continually working out since one week rolls right into another and you might burn out.

HTH!!! :teeth:

3 days a week, atleast, at the gym. DH and I work opposite shifts and with other obligations there just isn't the time.

Monday-10 minutes pilate abs
Tuesday-15-30 min on treadmill and full weight training workout
Wednesday-10 minutes pilate abs
Thursday- 15-30 min on treadmill, short abs workout and aqua aerobics class
Friday-10 minute pilate abs
Saturday- 15-30 min on treadmill, full weight training and aqua aerobic class
Sunday- outdoor walk if time and weather permit

I've always read it's good to have rest periods 1-2 days a week depending on your level and the level of activity. I like to rotate 4 on, 1 off then 3 on, 1 off. Different activities during the different rotations. If I do too much I find myself feeling weaker and losing my form so the rest days help. I normally take my dogs out for a leisurely walk or walk around a mall just to keep active.

I do about 6-7 days a week. I just take a day off whenever it's convenient- or well, whenever it's not convenient to work out.

My typical schedule is 60 min cardio (switch it up and do two machines, 30 min each, different machines depending on my mood- sometimes run, jog, speed walk, elliptical, total body machine, recumbant bike, stairmaster- pretty much anything). Then 10 min of stretching and ab work and twice a week I spend 1 hour doing the weight circuit plus about 35 min of cardio (maybe 8-10 min warmup, 25 min after) and lots of stretching after. I also sometimes throw in a class like body sculpt or step in there somewhere too.

If I take a day off, I usually try to take a 3 mile walk w/ DBF (takes about an hour).

I read somewhere that you shouldn't take off more than a day from working out. I find that if I do, I'm so much less likely to keep my momentum.

I also try to make the day off NOT the day after I do my weight circuit- my muscles need the stretching the day after or they'll get tight.

You really should have 1 day off to let your body recover.

I do 5 miles daily then alertnate upper & lower body workouts. I know how hard it can be to just take a day off and do nothing.

I do one hour of cardio in the AM and then do an hour of weight lifting for 1 body part and then another 45-1 hour of cardio in the PM.
I usually will change up my cardio routine and not use the same equipment that i used in the AM. Your body gets used to the equipment so it is always good to change it up. If i am training legs then i will usually not do heavy cardio that same night or the next morning and then the next evening i will only go light on the treadmill. I will usually do cardio 6 days a week and weights 5 days a week, taking off Sunday.

I always take Monday off. It is a tough day usually at work and everything else so it is my true rest day. My goal is 30 min on 5 days and the 6th is my at a girl day. It is the day that I exceed my goal and exercise the 6th time. Have to trick the mind into being successful. Funny, it is like asplit personality. Sat. and Sun. are the best days because I don't really have many time constraints and the schedule can be flipped and rotated to fit a good long walk or workout. The rest of the week is WATP , pilates or Yoga in the family room. When the weather improves( No ice covered roads) I will be outside in the am enjoying the sunrise.

I try to do at least 4 days at the gym but because of work there are a lot of times I can only make it 3. Your body has to have time to rest and recuperate. Everytime you workout you are breaking down tissue. That means you have to give it time to heal. Now, cardio is something that I try to do at least 4-5 times a week. I will do some sort of cardio whether or not I go to the gym. Today, I am planning on doing a lot of ab work and go for a long walk this afternoon with my kids.

Hope you all have a great day!

I walk 3 miles a day 4-5 times a week. Most of the time, I can do it in around 50 minutes. :)

Wow, Thanks guys :thumbsup2 . I've been doing 6 days a week with one rest day per week. My work out usually includes 2mi on the treadmill and I increase the incline each week like today I put it up to 4%incline and next week I will put it up to 4.5%. I also do situps, pushups(girlie) and use free weights for my arms. I would love to go 3mi on the treadmill each workout but I run out of time (it takes me 35min to go two miles).
Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter