How many days do you pack for?

DisGuy101

Mouseketeer
Family of 4 going for 10 days I’m thinking, pack for 6 days, then wash and reuse. So pack 6 of everything only.

Thoughts?

That'll depend on your arrangements. We stay off site and have an in house full size washer and dryer. We pack 4 or 5 outfits each, including the ones we wear on the way down, for a 17 day trip.

I usually count our days and then cut that in half to determine how many outfits I pack, so, for your trip, I would probably do 5. If you have a washer/dryer in your room/villa, you could even pack less and do laundry more often!

We stay somewhere with a washer and dryer for this exact reason. I have young kids, and we sometimes need more than one outfit per day. No way I can pack that much. For ten days, I usually pack about 5 outfits, with an extra shirt or two as those seem to be the first casualties. And I do a decent amount of laundry.

Some depends on the age of your party. When my kids were little I would have to pack nearly double because they'd need clothes changed during the day. Now, not so much :) When we went down for 8 days we packed for 4 days (not counting our clothes for the flight down), and including doing laundry while the kids were swimming in our plans.

I generally plan for two outfits per day (I like to take a mid-day resort break and will freshen up and change clothing) and plan on laundering and wearing each thing twice. And at least two pair of shoes/sandals, sometimes three.

I plan on packing one outfit per day plus an extra (we will be there for 5 days). If I have to do laundry I will, but not planning on it.

Last time, we packed one outfit per day...and drove home with a weeks's worth of stinky laundry that I had to wash at home. :(
This time, I am going minimal: 2 shorts each, 1 pant, 4 shirts each plus a sundress or the like for travel. I plan on washing as needed and maybe before we leave.
Plus a driving down outfit, so hopefully only 5 sets of clothing.
Washed as needed or midweek and I will carry baby wipes to keep clothing cleanish.
There are 6 of us, so that alone is 30 shirts, 18 pants, socks and undies too.

Last time, we packed one outfit per day...and drove home with a weeks's worth of stinky laundry that I had to wash at home. :(
This time, I am going minimal: 2 shorts each, 1 pant, 4 shirts each plus a sundress or the like for travel. I plan on washing as needed and maybe before we leave.
Plus a driving down outfit, so hopefully only 5 sets of clothing.
Washed as needed or midweek and I will carry baby wipes to keep clothing cleanish.
There are 6 of us, so that alone is 30 shirts, 18 pants, socks and undies too.

Right. We're a family of 5, so we're not in a situation too different (though our kids are older now). I totally get people not wanting to "do laundry" on vacation, but to us it's sort of 6 of one and a half dozen of the other. If you don't do it on vacation, you'll be left with a massive pile of nasty clothes to wash when you get home. Going home from vacation is sad enough for me, having a mountain of laundry on top of it just doesn't help. We typically only bring things like shorts and t-shirts to WDW, so doing laundry is ridiculously simple. Since we stay off site, we have a full size washer and dryer in our rental house. Toss a load in after we all get out of the shower and let it run while we're eating dinner. Toss it in the dryer while we're watching TV. Voila, clean clothes. No hard labor, no ironing. Heck, we don't even fold it.

I stay at least 2 weeks for a trip at WDW, in a DVC studio. So I pack for each day. Obviously, I don't pack 14 different pairs of pants - usually 2 jeans, one dressy in case I decide to eat in a nice resort restaurant. Jeans get washed in the laundry room of whichever resort I'm at, but I pack at least 14 different character-themed shirts :D

I’d rather do laundry than schlepp double the bags. If you have an in-room/condo/house washer and dryer, it is absolutely no big deal to do a load per night. As pp mentioned, IMO it’s better than having a massive amount to do at home when we get back. It’s totally fine to feel differently, but I hate the phrase “ I don’t do _____ on vacation” - something about the wording of it is off-putting to me. “I don’t like to do _____ on vacation” bothers me much less. I realize that’s ridiculous.

We usually rent a villa with a washer/dryer, so we pack about half of what we need (4 days worth for a week stay plus a dressier outfit & swim) and I do small loads of laundry daily usually toss in before bed, and toss in the dryer on our way out the door the next morning. It allows us to fly with carry-on's only which makes the airport a little easier to deal with (in my opinion). I always do one last load of clothes the night before we fly out so I don't come home to laundry!!

I generally plan for two outfits per day (I like to take a mid-day resort break and will freshen up and change clothing) and plan on laundering and wearing each thing twice. And at least two pair of shoes/sandals, sometimes three.
We like to have two per day as well. I think the time of year makes a difference, too. If we’re traveling in the summer when it’s 90 degrees and 100% humidity there’s no way I’m keeping the same clothes on all day. I do laundry while there to cut down on how much we have to pack.

We pack light usually 2 carry on size and 1 checked bag for the 3 of us. I always wash clothes at least once during a trip. I have a collapsible hamper that we use and I do laundry during pool time and sit and fold while we watch a movie in the room. if everyone helps it takes only a few minutes of actual labour to do a couple of loads. I do a 1 dark and 1 light load at the same time.

We’ve never been for 10 days, sadly. Typically go for seven nights. We’ve only stayed with a washer dryer in our room once. And for that trip in October I did a few loads of laundry even though I packed for one outfit per day and then some.

If it is over 80 degrees we definitely need more than one outfit per day. But when we go in January/February it is less.

If kids are swimming, you will need more as well.

i will probably pack 3-4 pants each and a shirt for each day. We are going in January so we will pack a couple of items to use as layers, thermals or long sleeves. Since underwire and socks don't take up much room probably 3-4 days of each for each person.
I usually try to make sure pants and shirts are interchangeable and not specific outfits, with 2 boys simple is best for us.
I think most of our space will be taken over by shoes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter