How many cheap ponchos do you bring?

Hate when anyone wearing a poncho sits by me on a bus, or brushes up against me while walking, in shops, etc. so we don't wear them at all. Carry a small umbrella - enough to get me out of the rain - then we just wait it out. Hate being wet while touring, or broiling inside a poncho.

I don't do disposable ponchos as we already have 3 lightweight durable versions purchased originally for camping. Each comes with an easy fit mini compression sack that readily hangs from a belt hook. Pretty sure I paid between 15 and 20 dollars for each and they are now in their 12th year of use having paid for themselves several times over. Funny thing is they are hardly used at WDW at least for rides as you dry fast.

we use to buy 1 pp person for half the days of our trip. Then we bought the disney parks ponchos and havent looked back. They are so much nicer than the cheapies and they last. We bought them online during a 20%off parks merch sale. As a bonus, that is a lot less plastic waste from us!
I agree! We only have ponchos that we purchased at the parks. We dry them out well every night by hanging them up in the hotel room on the pants hangers with the clips. We fold repackage them into gallon sized Ziploc bags, press the air out, and carry them a backpack. We have used the same ponchos for years! I’m glad that we aren’t adding more plastic usage to our world and we have these nice quality ponchos. In addition, I have taken them on a couple of school field trips (I am a teacher) and they are fun to use outside of Disney parks. A nice memory!

One per person of the cheap ones... it’s really a back up if we’re caught in the middle of storm because usually if it rains hard enough we find something inside otherwise a few drops of rain don’t bother us much. Our recent 4 day trip there were major major storms 2 days and we didn’t use them at but our stroller rain cover is invaluable!!! (We keepnitnhandingnin a small size packing cube

What other purposes do you use them for? I'm assuming you are writing about the thin clear plastic ponchos that look a lot like dry cleaner bags.
I have used them as a stroller cover.. I’m talking about the dollar store clear plastic ones

we use to buy 1 pp person for half the days of our trip. Then we bought the disney parks ponchos and havent looked back. They are so much nicer than the cheapies and they last. We bought them online during a 20%off parks merch sale. As a bonus, that is a lot less plastic waste from us!

Agreed! We love our $10 Disney ponchos. They are easy to loosely stuff in a plastic bag. They are more comfortable and I'm glad not to be throwing away extra plastic. We already use a lot of single use water bottles while we're there, the reusable ponchos make me feel a bit better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter