How many bottles of water to take?

r&t'smom

Earning My Ears
We are going to wdw the first week of July. I know it will be hot and I don't won't to spend my whole time on lines buying drinks, so how many bottles of water should we take? 2 adults, a 4 & 7 yr old. Will 1 sport bottle each (16 or 24 oz) be enough. Also looking for fanny bags for the kids to carry there own, I hope! I also don't want to have sore arms with all the other junk I will be carrying. (camera, suntun lotion, wallet, misting fan, etc) I just brought the medium size ameribag for everything. (I don't like totes, suffer from tendinitties)
2 weeks till we leave. :cheer2: :cheer2:

one sports bottle a day for everyone is fine. Freeze them the night before for cold water throughout the day, then just refill them as needed at fountains.

With a 4 yr old in July, you might want to consider bringing a stroller, which solves your "all the stuff" issues.

I agree, but I would not take a 24oz......too heavy. We usually take one bottle per person, per day (12 oz.) Everyone carries their own bottle.

We take two Brita bottles for our family of four. The kids share one and DH and I share. You can get ice for free at any of the counter service restaurants then fill up at the water fountains when you need to. I find it easier than taking a bunch of frozen water bottles.

I was in one of the souvenier shops and they have holders for water bottles they have a strap for over the shoulder or around the neck. Personally i like to save the bottled water bottles and use them. After I take a drink I just screw the top back on and put it back in the front pouch of my back pack.

DW and I will take one bottle per day and refill at fountains over the balance of the day. No sense in lugging all that weight around.

Have a good trip

Have you ever considered a "CamelBak?" You can get them from L.L. Bean (The CamelBak Skeeter is $24). It's basically a backpack you fill with ice and water that has a straw that comes over your shoulder. They're good for hiking, but I imagine they'd be good for "the World," too.

We've got a camelpack. Dh carries it. The girls and I each have a bottle of water and then I have a small cooler with more water in it. We're going through soooo much water right now!!! It's so stinkin hot!!

STEAMBOAT209 said:
DW and I will take one bottle per day and refill at fountains over the balance of the day. No sense in lugging all that weight around.

Have a good trip

This is what we do. One bottle/day with refills works well.

When we take an afternoon break, we usually start with a fresh bottle when we hit the parks after our break. If you're estimating how many cases of water to buy for your trip, we estimated 2 bottles per person, per day.

Carrying more than 1 bottle at a time would be too heavy. Wal-Mart sells comfortable water bottle carriers with straps. Everyone in my family carries his/her own water.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will probably take 1 per day, and resupply when we go back for an afternoon break if needed. I am also going to look for those water bottle straps in walmart. Does anyone know where to find them. Thanks again! :moped: :grouphug:

We just got back last Friday from a week at WDW. We are big time water drinkers here - it's me, dh, and two girls - 9 and almost 6. We went down with 3 1/2 cases (24 ct) of water. Came back with about 1/2 a case. We also had 2 12 packs of soda to drink with lunch in the room - drank less than a 12 pack. We had 2 waters for everyone - my nearly 6 year old barely drank her one bottle. 9 yo drank 2. DH drank 2-3. I drank 3 (I made sure to have a full one in my hand as I left the hotel - it was empty by the time we reached the park). I'm taking weight loss meds that make me very thirsty. The water at the park is YUCK. Both from the fountains and in the restaurants. WE got ice water (free) at Pecos Bill one night and after one sip - no one would drink it.

If you are carrying a bottle - I'd get the bigger bottles - definitely! The Florida sun and heat can exhaust you like nobody's business! I would also suggest a stroller for your 4 yo - bring a softsided cooler to put in the basket underneath... Saves you from having to carry the water. Of course that was my dh's job - he carried the water and snacks in his backpack. We have a deal - I carry the children through 9 months of pregnancy - he carries the waters in a backpack at WDW for 7 days. It works for us and I still think he comes out ahead - LOL!

I agree water in the parks is NASTY but I did enjoy gettin a large cup of free ice once or twice a day. You don't have to get ice water they will give you a large cup of ice if you ask.

We travel light in the parks don't take no drinks in we don't want to have to carry it. Even last week DH, DD and myself usually only bought 1 or 2 drinks while in the parks other than with our meals. Usually ate lunch or dinner in parks but not both.

1st thing we did when we'd go back to room was drink a bottle of water and the last thing we did before goin to parks was grab a bottle of water to drink on the way that was usually gone before we got on the bus.

dyna said:
I agree water in the parks is NASTY but I did enjoy gettin a large cup of free ice once or twice a day. You don't have to get ice water they will give you a large cup of ice if you ask.

We travel light in the parks don't take no drinks in we don't want to have to carry it. Even last week DH, DD and myself usually only bought 1 or 2 drinks while in the parks other than with our meals. Usually ate lunch or dinner in parks but not both.

1st thing we did when we'd go back to room was drink a bottle of water and the last thing we did before goin to parks was grab a bottle of water to drink on the way that was usually gone before we got on the bus.

Crystal Light to go ....individual sizes to add to yucky water is the way I am going to go...low or no calories and easy to carry :thumbsup2

dyna said:

At what kind of places can you get the free ice? Counter service & snack counters?

Also, love the crystal light to go idea. Just wrote it down so I don't forget come August.

We use Brita Fil-n-Go bottles. They work great and make the water taste much better in the parks. Add a packet of Crystal light and you would never know that it is not bottled water.

We used Brita fil-n-go bottles. They make the water in the parks taste great. Sometimes we added Crystal light. This saved us a ton of money on drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter