How low can you go? A reverse brag

Are you including things like excursions and tips? Are you including or excluding OBC? Because between the OBC, ABD, and Disney Reward Dollars, I had a $0 balance on my onboard account for my Med cruise in 2010.

Sayhello

what do you include in the final bill? is this what you pay OOP after the OBC? I assume excluding the Tips?

our OOP was $28.85 but it was a 4 night Dream. We did excursion on our own and our OBC more than covered the Tips so most of our 'fun' stuff was paid for with OBC. So we 'spent' much more than that on and off the boat :)

In May, 2009 my final bill was $8.13. I did have a $25 OBC, so a total of $33.13 was charged to my account. It was a four-night cruise and I tipped in cash. I have no idea why we didn't spend much on that cruise!

Beth

So then the Tip would be excluded (whether you tip in cash or add it to the on board account, it's still money that Disney doesn't see)

We did stuff onboard because we had OBC, so if I exclude the things we we would not have normally done then our final bill would have been $49.85. drinking and souvenirs are mandatory parts of our vaca :)

and that's the cheapest onboard bill ever because our other two we did excursions through the cruiseline.

Are you including things like excursions and tips? Are you including or excluding OBC? Because between the OBC, ABD, and Disney Reward Dollars, I had a $0 balance on my onboard account for my Med cruise in 2010.

Sayhello

and i have to say, that's pretty awesome :thumbsup2
if we didn't do WDW before the cruise we would have had Disney Dollars to use too and would have tied with you. i'm shooting for $0 on our Fantasy cruise between the OBB OBC and the Disney Dollars I'll rack up between now and then.

and i have to say, that's pretty awesome :thumbsup2
if we didn't do WDW before the cruise we would have had Disney Dollars to use too and would have tied with you. i'm shooting for $0 on our Fantasy cruise between the OBB OBC and the Disney Dollars I'll rack up between now and then.
:woohoo: I love Disney Reward dollars!

Sayhello

I must say that as a first time cruiser who is already in sticker shock from just the price of the cruise, this thread is very encouraging to me ::yes::

We bought our own excursions separately from Disney, and we tipped, but other than that, the only things we bought on the ship were two loads of laundry and a bag of sugar free candy for my daughter to take home. I think it came to about $8.

Our final out of pocket bill was $28.97

We had $295 in Disney Visa Reward Dollars, Gift Cards and OBC.

So technically we spent $323.97, which included tips, excursions, bar bills and souveniers.

This is all good to know!!
We have a 250 OBC for a 7 day eastern. I'm paying tips when we pay in full.

I think DH and I were in shock with cruising when we spent 500+ on board on a 4 day RC cruise a few years ago.

Other then Palo, don't know what else to spend stuff on....yet....

We've only been on one cruise, and the amount wasn't low so I'm not going to say it, but as a cautionary tale... STAY AWAY FROM BINGO! My DH, who had never played it before and doesn't ever gamble, LOVED it, to my chagrine. I think he was lulled by the OBC we got from signing up for DVC onboard, but if we hadn't played every single game of Bingo, they would have owed us.

Wow! I don't think we've ever left a cruise with less than a $2,000 bill! For a family of four with tops, excursions, Palo, wine package, bar bills and a couple of sovineers or bingo and it really adds up fast!

The total I spent on board was without OBC. I am curious is low can you go with onboard spending? Not what your final bill was after credits.

Since I didn't have OBC or dollars or whatever, or did I charge tips to my cabin.

$0.00 however that was the 3 night part of our B2B - think our bill was around $75.00 on the 4 night portion. Lowest on a 7 night cruise - $40.00. No OBC for either of these and we tip in cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter