How long to break in a new pair of shoes for WDW?

TAKitty

<font color=green>I will make it work with the one
I just purchased a new pair of tennis shoes for WDW. I am not sure how much walking I need to do in them to break them in before our trip in a month. My brother brought a new pair of shoes once and ended up with blisters ;) --I would like to avoid his mistake.

It depends on the shoe. Leather takes longer obviously. But I bought a pair of New Balance 992s last December while we were there, wore them immediately and everyday of the trip and had no problems at all. They are the most comfortable, supportive sneaker I have had.

We are in the same shoe boat TAKitty!
I bought a new pair of tennis shoes for our trip to Disney and mine are still in the box. :eek: We leave the 21st and I am planning on taking them out and just walking around the house in them a little bit each day until then. I think it depends on the shoe and how the shoe fits your foot. I've had new shoes that never gave me problems and then I've had shoes that I've worn for months give me blisters at the parks. Just be COMFORTABLE and have a great time.:wizard:

Start taking short walks at night if you have time. This way you will build up your endurance for all of the walking you will be doing in Disney and you'll break in your shoes.

just got my shoes yesterday...but I don't ever really need to break in my nikes...especially since these are not leather! perhaps I should wear them a bit, though...

You should try to break them in. What felt fine at the store might not feel so fine elsewhere. Especially on hard surfaces such as asphalt (lots of it at the park!).

I always try to wear the shoes for 7 days, in no particular order but 7 days at least

Oh, what a good question! Last trip, I planned to wear my Nike workout shoes (the ones I had worn to the gym about 3x a week for about a year). Thought they were really well broken in - NOT! They caused a horrible blister on the bottom of my little toe that bothered me for days.

So I recommend bringing a back-up pair of shoes, even if you try to wear your new ones. Bring your oldest, crummiest pair of shoes - the ones that are really, really well broken in. Who cares what they look like? I didn't bring mine on my last trip and lived to regret it.

so I wore my nike walking shoes once before the trip. I had no problems at all! I think the key is to buy WALKING shoes. I have a well-broken in pair of nike RUNNING shoes that I never would have made it in at WDW, so...

I would wear them all the time. You don't want to wear anything that even appears to be new or you will pay for it. Also try body glide while wearing your new shoes at home and at WDW. It works great but nothing beats a used pair of shoes. Make sure they are walking shoes and not running shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter