How long is the drive from downtown San Diego to Disneyland?

Rita1965

Mouseketeer
I am flying in to San Diego for a job interview on Monday, and will fly back to Utah on Tuesday. I was going to be good and leave my season pass here in Utah, my kids would kill me if I went to Disneyland without them, but just in case I happen to get done really early and have nothing to do, how long would the drive be to the park?

I am going to slip the season pass into my purse while the kids are sleeping.

Hi!
It totally depends what time you make the drive.
In a perfect world without traffic, about 1 hr. 15-30 min. With traffic, at least 2 hours. Hope this helps a little. :)

<marquee direction="right" align="left" behavior="alternate"><font size=3><font color=#FF0066><font face="Comic Sans MS"><bold>LISA</marquee></font></font></font></bold>
<marquee direction="left" align="right" behavior="alternate"><font size=3><font color=#6600CC><font face="Comic Sans MS"><bold>"Diva of Dragons"</marquee></font></font></font></bold>
<marquee>
ariel11.gif
</marquee>

We do this every year in May. Fly into SD (I have a yearly conference in SD) and drive to DL. I agree it takes approximately 90" from downtown SD.

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#00009c>Just did this drive today (Sunday-left Downtown San Diego @ 2pm), and it took a little less than an hour & a half to get to Disneyland. The drive was very easy.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland & Techie Boards Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My DL Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Font Hints

I'll be in San Diego in July for a conference. I will not have a rent a car. I heard you can take an amtrack train to DL...does anyone know any details?

Thanks

All Star Movies 3/1998
Port Orleans 1/1999, 1/2000, 1/2001

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#6600CC>I know that the station is about 10 minutes away. You can take a taxi, or if you're in a nearby hotel, you can call the hotel to send a shuttle to pick you up.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland & Techie Boards Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My DL Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Font Hints

Mary Jo,
Are you sure the Disney Hotels will send a shuttle? We were just at the GC and we asked the valets if there was still an Amtrak shuttle and they told us no. :( You could call a taxi.

We are planning another trip up to the GC in May and wanted to take the train ( a surprise trip for our neice and nephew). I'm hoping there is a shuttle available. Please post if you know for sure. Thanks!

Enjoy life and great vacations.
Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest