• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long has been your ohana dinner?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I am trying to get a reasonable time frame to use for our touring plans. We have a fairly early O'hana reservation - 4:15p-- we don't need to rush through anything- we certainly want to soak up the experience.

How much time would you allot for this in your plans? would an hour and a half be reasonable? is that too long?

We are staying at the poly so travel to the restaurant doesn't need to be factored in.

I think you'll be in and out in an hour that early, but factoring in an hour and a half gives time for seating delays, lingering over dessert, etc.

I allow 2 hours for most TS, even though it generally takes much less. At Ohana you're semi-bound by how quickly they bring each item around to your table for the mains, and by whether or not you have a child with you that participates in the activities. Last month it probably took us a little over an hour.

we had a 3:45 ADR and service felt pretty quick but we still did not get out of there in much less than 75 minutes when we went last year. I would give it 90.

We usually spend 2 hrs at Ohana. We are 2 adults, no children, we enjoy eating at our leisure, adult beverages, long desserts with coffee etc. We really take our time. BUT we also book very late. Our upcoming ressie is at 9:35pm. We do this on purpose. Often there are drinks before hand as well, like at Trader Sams. I think the posted hours say closing at 10pm, but really that seems to me the last seating, not cleaned up and staff is ready to go.
Because we are only 2 adults, we tend to let servers focus on other tables and just waive them down if something is actually needed. Our lax attitudes probably add to the length of the meal but it works for us.

enjoy!

An hour is a good range unless you are like us and schedule dinner so you can see the fireworks and or have little ones that do the coconut race.

Have been to Ohana for diner in august.Had an early ADR, so we were seated with in 10 Minuten. I think you will have enough time with one and a half hour. Enjoy your meal, I ate sooo much I nearly had to roll out of the place.:rolleyes1

We usually spend 2 hrs at Ohana. We are 2 adults, no children, we enjoy eating at our leisure, adult beverages, long desserts with coffee etc. We really take our time. BUT we also book very late. Our upcoming ressie is at 9:35pm. We do this on purpose. Often there are drinks before hand as well, like at Trader Sams. I think the posted hours say closing at 10pm, but really that seems to me the last seating, not cleaned up and staff is ready to go.
Because we are only 2 adults, we tend to let servers focus on other tables and just waive them down if something is actually needed. Our lax attitudes probably add to the length of the meal but it works for us.

enjoy!
My wife and I have a ADR for 9:45 for her 50th birthday in January and looking forward to a nice evening out, I am assuming that at this time of night there are very few children around, this is a kid free trip for us this time and looking forward to it.

Thanks for the input!! We are all foodies (even some of the kids in our group) so i am sure that we will want to take our time and really enjoy all the courses (especially the bread pudding). It seems there is also a lot going on in the restaurant with singers/musicians so that will be fun to watch during our meal. I'm getting so excited as it is our first time at O'hana!!

I am trying to get a reasonable time frame to use for our touring plans. We have a fairly early O'hana reservation - 4:15p-- we don't need to rush through anything- we certainly want to soak up the experience.

How much time would you allot for this in your plans? would an hour and a half be reasonable? is that too long?

We are staying at the poly so travel to the restaurant doesn't need to be factored in.

Once we're seated, we're usually in and out in an hour. Hour and a half if we linger. Maybe plan 1.5 hours or so to have a cushion. I can't really imagine a large back log at 4:15 though.

My wife and I have a ADR for 9:45 for her 50th birthday in January and looking forward to a nice evening out, I am assuming that at this time of night there are very few children around, this is a kid free trip for us this time and looking forward to it.

We are a party of 4, & could only get a reservation if we split up (party of 2 @ 4:10pm, & another party of 2 @ 4:20pm...I'm really hoping they'll be able to push our our tables together so we can sit together!).

But I budgeted 90 mins for us. I usually find our kids (aged 5 & 2) can't sit in the same place for longer than that anyway!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter