How long does ME take?

We've stopped at CBR once before going to WL and once before going to CR; neither went to the Epcot resorts. You never know what the route will be. It's an adventure!

Aye, very true! We stayed at the Poly in 2015, we were the first stop!
2018 we went to the Poly again. This time, the bus stopped at FW when nobody on the bus was getting off there. Then we went to CR, where the bus practically emptied out. Then we went to WL for 2 couples. Then over to the Poly for us.

In order to avoid a cancellation fee, just modify the reservation when/if you know you aren't going to make it. There isn't any risk involved or money to lose unless you forget to do that.

It must depend on when trips are. Whenever I go over thanksgiving or Christmas, CBR has always been grouped with BW, YC, and BC.

When we went in Feb (staying at WL) we were routed to line 4 at DME. In May, when we stayed at CR, we were routed to line 4. I even mentioned to DH at the time that they must have changed the routes. I don't know if it's time of year or if it's just randomly changed, or based on actual bookings. We're going to YC in Aug/Sep and BWI in Dec; I'm going to note which lines we get put into. I've always assumed that the lines/routes stayed the same but we have always gone in previous years at the same time of year although not always stayed at the same place so I never realized that they change. Because I've always expected resort arrival of at least 2 hours from the time I get off the plane and a little bit more if it's late and I have to pick up luggage, the route has never particularly concerned me because I don't book anything for less than 4-5 hours from planned arrival (I don't trust the airline to even get me there one time which is good because my last 3 flights were 2+ hours late leaving home). But now I'm curious.

When we went in Feb (staying at WL) we were routed to line 4 at DME. In May, when we stayed at CR, we were routed to line 4. I even mentioned to DH at the time that they must have changed the routes. I don't know if it's time of year or if it's just randomly changed, or based on actual bookings. We're going to YC in Aug/Sep and BWI in Dec; I'm going to note which lines we get put into. I've always assumed that the lines/routes stayed the same but we have always gone in previous years at the same time of year although not always stayed at the same place so I never realized that they change. Because I've always expected resort arrival of at least 2 hours from the time I get off the plane and a little bit more if it's late and I have to pick up luggage, the route has never particularly concerned me because I don't book anything for less than 4-5 hours from planned arrival (I don't trust the airline to even get me there one time which is good because my last 3 flights were 2+ hours late leaving home). But now I'm curious.
It will be interesting. Last year was the first time I haven’t gone for a long time, so maybe they changed the routes. This year over thanksgiving we are staying at GFV, so I won’t be able to verify the CBR with other Epcot resorts.

The routes the ME buses take are not set in stone. Typically CBR may be the first stop. But I've had it be Pop before heading to CBR.

Agree.

We’ve never stopped at CBR first.

Always AOA/POP. The only reason I even knew CBR folks were on our bus was from our driver announcing the drop off order.

For me, the timing is too close. Travel days are too stressful to begin with IMO. This is an added layer I wouldn’t want. We make zero plans for arrival day. And we usually get in around 2pm.
Just my .02.

Enjoy your trip pixiedust:

Agree.

We’ve never stopped at CBR first.

Always AOA/POP. The only reason I even knew CBR folks were on our bus was from our driver announcing the drop off order.

For me, the timing is too close. Travel days are too stressful to begin with IMO. This is an added layer I wouldn’t want. We make zero plans for arrival day. And we usually get in around 2pm.
Just my .02.

Enjoy your trip pixiedust:
I agree - it's cutting it really close. I would suggest just backing the time up by an hour or so. They will hold your reservation for a short time but moving it would make me feel more comfortable - or at least call when you arrive at your resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter