How long does it take to process?

sarahk0204

DIS Veteran
We have a July 2010 trip planned, but we are not yet booked. Now, we are seriously looking at DVC. We meet with a guide (located about an hour away) this Saturday. Our 180 day ADR call date is two weeks from Saturday. Assuming we decide to go with DVC, is 2 weeks enough time to get financing approved and everything processed so that I could make our ADR's through DVC member services? TIA!

Sarah in IL

If you buy direct from DVC, you can usually make a reservation within a day. They just have to process your deposit.

We moved from CSR to SSR on developer points, ohh... about 10 minutes after we gave them the check, which was about 10 minutes after they told us we were financed, which was about 20 minutes after we filled out the app.. So, about an hour ;)

Of course this was all on site.

Since we're in IL, it will be a little longer, but less than 2 weeks, it sounds like. Yay!

Once you get into the DVC system, you can make a reservation (we actually bought in while at SSR and were able to make our first DVC reservation as soon as we signed the paperwork). I'm sure it will be less than two weeks, but do mention to your Guide your situation to make sure that he is aware of your time frame. Good luck!! :goodvibes

Make it a condition of buying your initial points and your guide will make sure it happens.

Make it a condition of buying your initial points and your guide will make sure it happens.

:thumbsup2 I like the way you think!

Ok, we will mention our time frame to our guide on Saturday. Thanks again, everyone, and I'll keep you posted!

:thumbsup2 My guide physically stayed on the phone line with me and he connected to MS about 10 minutes after telling me our credit was approved. He stayed on the line and told her what we wanted....so we got it right away, 2 studios with SV at AKV. We purchased this past June and our trip was for 10/28-11/06. We had a terrfific time.:banana:

:thumbsup2 My guide physically stayed on the phone line with me and he connected to MS about 10 minutes after telling me our credit was approved. He stayed on the line and told her what we wanted....so we got it right away, 2 studios with SV at AKV. We purchased this past June and our trip was for 10/28-11/06. We had a terrfific time.:banana:

We did the same thing...we just bought AKL in November was approved right away and could make reservation that same day!

The guide called MS and put a 48 hour hold on our room before we even filled out the application. Then, when we were approved, all I had to do was call MS the next day to confirm. Yes, we came, we saw, and we bought DVC :cool1: We are booked for 8 nights at BLT (our home resort) in July. We got $5 off per point, and 2009's points to use. I have about a week and a half to plan my ADR's, and I get to call MS on Saturday January 23. :banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter