• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long did it take you to get off the ship in Cannes (via tender)?

fredandkell

I'd rather be cruising
On our Med cruise next summer, Cannes port time is from 9am until 6:45 pm. I am thinking of booking a 4-hour private tour, but it only has start times of 9 am and 2 pm. The 2pm is cutting it too close for my taste, so I'm OK with losing 15-20 minutes of the 9am tour if necessary (I already checked with the company and they said it was OK if we were a little late).

Those of you who have docked at Cannes - were you able to get off the ship quickly and easily, especially if you did not use a DCL tour? I'm worried that all the early tender tickets will be given to DCL tour members. And I would definitely consider doing a DCL tour but the only ones we like are all-day affairs and we are trying to save the "blitzkrieg all day tour" for Rome, since we'll be with 2 kids and we don't want to wear them out in Cannes only to have them melt down in Rome.

Thanks for advice!

On our Med cruise next summer, Cannes port time is from 9am until 6:45 pm. I am thinking of booking a 4-hour private tour, but it only has start times of 9 am and 2 pm. The 2pm is cutting it too close for my taste, so I'm OK with losing 15-20 minutes of the 9am tour if necessary (I already checked with the company and they said it was OK if we were a little late).

Those of you who have docked at Cannes - were you able to get off the ship quickly and easily, especially if you did not use a DCL tour? I'm worried that all the early tender tickets will be given to DCL tour members. And I would definitely consider doing a DCL tour but the only ones we like are all-day affairs and we are trying to save the "blitzkrieg all day tour" for Rome, since we'll be with 2 kids and we don't want to wear them out in Cannes only to have them melt down in Rome.

Thanks for advice!
I don't know how it works in Cannes, but in Cabo, and Grand Cayman (both tender ports) DCL excursions had priority on the first tenders. Everyone else had to go to the theater (either WDT or BVT). You were seated in the order you arrived, and once the tenders opened up first in was first out to the tenders. And you had to have your whole party with you when you went into the theater.

It took close to an hour before they started letting non-DCL excursion people on the tenders in both those ports. I'm thinking you're going to be missing more than 15-20 minutes of your tour if the port time starts at 9:00am.

When we did the Med. cruise last year the sea was calm for all ports except the one tender port, Monte Carlo. The water was way too choppy for small boats, so the captain declared it an "at sea day", got permission to dock at Marseilles the next day, instead, put together excursions there and got the word out to all guests in about three hours. We booked an Avignon/winery excursion that was great...too short, but great, considering.
Just something to put in the back of your mind.

We visited Cannes on my Med cruise in 2011 We were late arriving due to bad weather the previous day which had caused a late departure from that port. I’d probably be cautious over leaving by 9am. We didn’t tender till after lunch at which point there was no queue

Hmm. We have a tender next summer in Villefranche. DH wants to do a tour that meets at 9:30 in Nice. All ashore is 7:30 so now I'm wondering if that's feasible. :(

Hmm. We have a tender next summer in Villefranche. DH wants to do a tour that meets at 9:30 in Nice. All ashore is 7:30 so now I'm wondering if that's feasible. :(
I'm jealous that you tender in Villefranche and not Cannes. I've heard Villefranche is the best one (ahead of Cannes and Marseille).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter