• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long before riding after eating?

patimouse

Earning My Ears
How long do you let your meals settle before risking a ride? I keep hearing so much about how big the portions are! We have some 6.30/7.30 dinners booked so are we likely to be up for any rides after these, should we just do the easy ones or are we best forgetting rides until 10pm or so?

We typically ride the thrill rides (ToT, Space Mtn, RnR, MS, etc.) in the morning after a light breakfast. As for riding after eating a big meal, it really just depends on the person. If a line is long, my sister has no problem just hopping in line and being fine once she gets on the ride. Me...not so much. :) However jerky rides don't bother me after eating, but anything that goes in a circle does. Waiting a little while is never a bad thing, but as to exactly how long, I think that's a personal decision....your stomach will let you know! ;)

We typically ride the thrill rides (ToT, Space Mtn, RnR, MS, etc.) in the morning after a light breakfast. As for riding after eating a big meal, it really just depends on the person. If a line is long, my sister has no problem just hopping in line and being fine once she gets on the ride. Me...not so much. :) However jerky rides don't bother me after eating, but anything that goes in a circle does. Waiting a little while is never a bad thing, but as to exactly how long, I think that's a personal decision....your stomach will let you know! ;)

Yeah, the meals are big, CS are big too, thats why we don't do the DDP. It's just me and the wife and spending any time wandering around WDW with a gorged belly in the heat is no fun. We split alot of meals, breakfasts we get the full meal and just divide the portion, same for a hamburger, they are huge, cut it in half, half of the fries and its plenty. We're not into the TS too much, really too much food, most not to our liking and too expensive.

Back to the topic, if you eat light and drink plenty of liquids, you ought to be fine. There are some attractions that will give your stomach a whirl but most are tame visual attractions. The real thrillers I'd do on an almost empty stomach, one in particular, Tea Cups, unchucker for sure.

We usually don't wait:eek: So far that's worked out ok. ::yes:: We usually grab a bite in whatever land we are in at the time & continue on in that area until we have ridden everything & then move on to the next land. The kids are tall enough now to ride all of the rides in all of the parks, so I hope our luck continues as this year we are doing the DxDP.

You're suppose to wait between eating and riding?: rotfl2:

You're suppose to wait between eating and riding?: rotfl2:

I had the same thought! :rotfl2: We eat what we want and don't worry about having a light or heavy meal. We go on the thrill rides right after a meal and have no problems. I know not everybody can tolerate that, but we do okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter