how long at universal

mac190

Earning My Ears
hi,
2 weeks today and getting very exited. one small dilema; we've only ever been to disney, never universal and are not sure how lmany days we will want to spend there. our son is 6 very soon and is 47" tall. he's well into spiderman, dinosaurs,monsters etc. and dosn't frighten easily. i was more scared watching jurrasic park than he was. anyway, there are a lot of rides that he won't be able to get on so i'm relly not sure what size pass to get.
any help would be great
thanks.

If he's 47" tall, he probably won't be able to do the Hulk or Dueling Dragons at IOA. They both have a height requirement of 54". I'll have to dig out the height requirements for the rest of the rides.

If you are staying onsite, you could use fewer days because you'll have front of the line access.

Wanda

I want to ad to that US question, but add IOA! We too have never been to either, but did the big WDW thing 2 yrs ago. The four of us includes 16yr old and 11 yr old boys and we will be at HRH.

We spent 4 full days at WDW. Is one day for US and one day for IOA good too? :p

Robert, one day to see both parks???

This will be our first onsite visit and I booked three days. Is that too long?

Wanda

If you've been there before I would only do 2 days, but since this is your first visit I would say one at each park and then take the third to visit things that you missed or you really liked. I'm sure if you are going with kids and they like thrill rides you will spend the second day at IOA doing the rides a second/third time. I've been there so many times I can spend 7 days there and wouldn't get bored.

With the Universal Express you will have virtually no lines to stand in. I think that they say less than 15 minutes, but more realistically no more than 20 min is all I ever waited. You should be able to do most everything the one day just with UE. I normally can hit most of the major attractions in a day without the Express pass or single rider lines.

But take the time to enjoy the wonderful theming of the parks instead of just running from one attraction to another. We were there for five days last year and were never bored. We'll be there for about four days again this summer--no kids--just two child-like adults.

thanks for the advice, i think we'll get the 3 day pass or the 5 day internet ticket. i'm sure we'll enjoy it as much as disney. the video has just arrived and it looks great.
thanks again.

mac190
You can get the five day bonus pass on line for the same price as about a two day pass--$99.95

With a 6 year old I would say 3 days. One for each park and the last to revisit your favorites. It also allows you to see the shows you missed!

I would also plan on spending ALOT of time in Woody Woodpeckers kidzone (universal). We were there for over an hour just in Curious Georg's wet play area and the dry ball area!! Bring a towel and bathing suit! Same at IOA for Seuss landing (if I ran the zoo) and toon lagoon (if tall enough for Bilge rat ride) All wet area!

hi, I have the same kind of questiion. We are staying at disney and were planning to go to US/IOA for one day. We have 9 and 12 year girls. Someone said it only takes a half of day to do US. Then i thought maybe we would do IOA in afternoon. Would you try to squeeze everything in 1 day since we drove there from disney or would you take your time and do US one day and come back the next for IOA. We would plan to be there very early and stay very late. Would this be enough time to see both parks?

You would be cheating yourself if you tried to do both parks in one day. Especially if you're not staying on site and won't have the express access all day. Your children will LOVE both parks. If they like roller coasters and thrill rides they'll REALLY love IOA. You need more than one day to do both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter