• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

How long are lines for Kong??

ten822

Mouseketeer
Without any express pass, how long have you seen posted? Going in March. Will not be staying at a property that offers express passes.

I went in September and lines were posting 75-90 minutes most of the day. It was not a crowded day as FJ and all other rides posted less than 30 minutes, except mummy that was running at half capacity.

On average it's at least an hour wait since it's been open from what I've seen. That's regardless of what season it is, so if it's peak it'd definitely be higher. March is when spring break is starting so it might be around an hour, or even more. It might be best to try to hit it first thing in the morning when the park is opening.

Walk on for us the last time we did it. We did it this past Sunday. We were there for the Mardi Gras concert and left that side for IOA a little early. It was a predicted high crowd day. We then rushed over to FJ and it was also a walk-on. Then the park closed. So, going right before closing is another option - especially on a concert day when others will be focusing on the concert.

Was there in Mid Jan and for the first hour, the lines were always under 20 minutes. After that it seemed steady at about 60 min for the rest of the day. So if you're really itching to go on it, I would head to it first.

If you get in without express. Get there at park open. Go to Hulk, Kong, then HP. You should be fine.

Last week it was about 30 minutes. The ride IMHO is horrible. I kept my hands over my ears the entire time because the volume was about 5 times too high.
I've heard about the same, shame because the last time we went the ride was still being built and it looked phenomenal from the outside.

Our strategy for Hulk and Kong (if you have early access): Enter park with early access, do HP stuff, about 15 minutes before park opens, head to either ride. This times us to be at the ride when park opens. We can usually get 2 rides in before the crowds make it from gate to queue, and a 3rd with minimal wait.

I've heard about the same, shame because the last time we went the ride was still being built and it looked phenomenal from the outside.

I think it's the hype is the reason.

There was so much talk and rumors based around the attraction for awhile and when it was finally created itself there was so much hype about Kong (not the ride, but creature) itself about how insanely huge he'd be, how realistic he'd be, and how it seemed as if he'd be right there. How much it would be such a thrilling experience as well as talk of a "trackless ride system", which is a new concept to Universal.

That being said, the only thing that I think is interesting is the technology pumped into it and the AA itself. Other than that, everything has a whole was disappointing to me, especially since even if you want to semi-enjoy the ride, the only way to do it is to ride the very back that way you have more time to see, as well as, process everything that is happening. If not, you're going to need to ride it a few times to get what is going on.

I enjoyed the ride the most recent time I did it. My first impression was more eh, but I was put in the second row and short me couldn't see one entire side nor see much. I was in the 4th row when I did it most recently. So, still closer to the front than the back but it made a huge difference about how much I could see and the overall feeling of it. I was unable to have the feeling of being a part of the action when I was in the second row.

I enjoy the ride and the kids love it. I wouldn't rank it up there with either of the Potter main rides. But at a 20 minute wait or less It's a good attraction IMO.

I think that it may have disappointed people because when FJ and Gingotts were added it set the bar so high, people were expecting Kong to be at least of similar caliber. But I think people have to realize that every attraction that gets added can't always be better than the last thing added.

I enjoyed the ride the most recent time I did it. My first impression was more eh, but I was put in the second row and short me couldn't see one entire side nor see much. I was in the 4th row when I did it most recently. So, still closer to the front than the back but it made a huge difference about how much I could see and the overall feeling of it. I was unable to have the feeling of being a part of the action when I was in the second row.
That's interesting, I still want to try out the ride regardless of what all our friends have said. Hoping by the time I do get to go that the wait time is very short :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter