• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is the weather in Orlando in late Jan?

Mandipandi

Earning My Ears
Good Afternoon, I am staying at Pop Century perhaps with my bf if he still wants to go, in late Jan 2023. This is my first time at WDW. I am going this time because I hate the heat, especially intense humidity (I live in VA but from CA where the heat is dry, not too bad going to the Dis. Resort in that heat).

What is the weather like during Late Jan in Orlando? My bf complains it will be freezing, but it being florida I am not so sure. It got in the 20s-30s this winter in VA, I dont believe it gets THAT cold in Orlando but would like some insights. Thank you! :)

We go in mid January. Most of the time it is pleasant during the day (shorts are fine) but it can be chilly at night. We usually will have sweatshirts or jackets for after the sun goes down. But still much better than being home!

We went in late January/early February for our last trip. For the most part, it was colder than we had hoped, not a lot of sunshine, and very cold and windy at night. Of course, it was well below freezing at home, so there's that. However we have decided to put up with the slightly larger crowds late Feb/early March to take advantage of warmer weather.

my last trip was January '21. Loved it. Still a nice sun mid-day but night time you need your hoodies/long pants. Great combo of weather. Can basically wear anything; shorts to the park mid day but you get to dress nice for dinner without sweating.

Our last trip in January was late January 2020. It was chilly during the day and chillier at night and overcast on most days. We just didn’t luck out weather-wise on that trip, but at least it didn’t rain. ;)

The temperatures will fluxuate. And you can get the occasional freezing temperatures. When we were there in late January/early February, we had highs in the 50s through the 70s and lows from the 30s to the low 60s.

With varying temperatures, there's an increased risk of severe weather and tornados. We were in at least one tornado warning during our stay.

Our last trip in January was late January 2020. It was chilly during the day and chillier at night and overcast on most days. We just didn’t luck out weather-wise on that trip, but at least it didn’t rain. ;)
Sounds perfect to me! Early January 2022 was warmer than we would have liked. We mostly had highs in the low 70s but had 3 days in the middle that were high 70s to low 80s with a little humidity.

Good Afternoon, I am staying at Pop Century perhaps with my bf if he still wants to go, in late Jan 2023. This is my first time at WDW. I am going this time because I hate the heat, especially intense humidity (I live in VA but from CA where the heat is dry, not too bad going to the Dis. Resort in that heat).

What is the weather like during Late Jan in Orlando? My bf complains it will be freezing, but it being florida I am not so sure. It got in the 20s-30s this winter in VA, I dont believe it gets THAT cold in Orlando but would like some insights. Thank you! :)

We usually have light sweatshirts and jeans during the day, warmer jackets at night. It was one of our favourite times to go, in part because of the weather honestly.

We were there right after New Year's once and had windchills in the mid-20s every day but one of our stay. Orlando broke 3 record lows that week, including snow at MCO for the first time in 30 years.

Another year for Christmas, it was highs in the 100+ range. It was so hot even CMs were complaining.

Prepare for anything. That's finicky Florida for ya.

Just be aware that it can be unpredictable. I like to be cold and hate being hot and felt Jan/Feb was a good time to go ... and it turned out that we ended up there during a WILD cold snap. Pools closed for the first couple of days, rides weren't especially fun outdoors (like roller coasters - though this was mostly an issue at Legoland). https://www.clickorlando.com/weathe...ldest-air-in-years-settles-in-sunday-morning/ that was our week. Weather ended up great later in the week (and then we ended up coming home to a surreal snow storm, lol) but - yeah. For me, it was a case of "plan for the worst/hope for the best". I do think I ended up buying a hoodie or two because I hadn't planned on us being so cold (which, was a freak story - but it can happen).

Agree completely it will be completely unpredictable. I've had it be 80 and humid, I've had it be in the 30's and rain, I've had it be 70 and perfect. I was in FL January of '22, it was in the 50's and rained hard for the first two days, then it was 60 and sunny one day. On my last day I woke up to 36 degrees, colder than it was in NE Wisconsin that morning (38.) By noon I was sweating in my sweatshirt and it made it up to 65.

Agree completely it will be completely unpredictable. I've had it be 80 and humid, I've had it be in the 30's and rain, I've had it be 70 and perfect. I was in FL January of '22, it was in the 50's and rained hard for the first two days, then it was 60 and sunny one day. On my last day I woke up to 36 degrees, colder than it was in NE Wisconsin that morning (38.) By noon I was sweating in my sweatshirt and it made it up to 65.
I agree with your agreement! We do this time of the year often, and it's very unpredictable. If we go for a week, it's unusual that we don't have at least a few days we can enjoy at the pool. It's also unusual if we don't need jeans, sweatshirts, jackets at least a few evenings. For us, it's a great time to be there weather-wise. I'll take the sweatshirt weather over the unpleasant summer weather any day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter