How is the food at your school?

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
Are you on a plan? What's your favorite and how is the selection?
Thanks for the info!

I go to Hollins University and the food is OK. Our meal plan is better than most colleges. We get 19 meals a week in our dinnnig hall. :grouphug:

We have the 2nd best cafeterias in the Cal State schools sooo I guess it is pretty well. I am on the 14 meal plan because I don't need(or even eat) 3 meals a day. We have a wide variety from hot food, soups, grilled food, mexican food, salad and fruit bars, sandwiches and pizzas. There is so much more then this but its the majority.

We don't have a set number of meals but instead a declining balance per semester. The meal card is also good at the little convience store in our student Center. We have Chik Fil A, a sushi place, an Italian place, a stir fry/asian place, Wendy's, Papa John's, Subway, and a couple great sandwich/panini places. It can also be used in the library for coffee, pastries, frappachinos and such.

Well, let's just say there's not a whole lot of variety in my dorm. :rolleyes: Some things are better than others, but it's nothing special.

Soccer Princess said:
We don't have a set number of meals but instead a declining balance per semester. The meal card is also good at the little convience store in our student Center. We have Chik Fil A, a sushi place, an Italian place, a stir fry/asian place, Wendy's, Papa John's, Subway, and a couple great sandwich/panini places. It can also be used in the library for coffee, pastries, frappachinos and such.

Sounds Great! That's got to be the best variety I've ever heard about!

UNH has 3 dining halls, which are pretty good. Tons of variety (deli, salad bar, stir-fry, fried stuff like chicken and fries, plus a rotating European section). Plus theres a cafe called Panache, a sub place (just like subway). We have a coffee office, taco bell, another sub place, smoothies. We have basically EVERYTHING.
As for meal plans, we have 3 levels. Each has unlimited meals in any of the dining halls. The main difference is how many guest passes you can get, and how many dining dollars. Dining dollars can be used at any of the other places, besides the dining halls. Its nice to have because youd on't have to carry around cash, you can just swipe your student ID.

I like UNH because you don't have to worry about how many meals, or a balance. Plus the quality and variety of food is great.

This thread brings back terrible memories of queuing for an hour, before getting my soggy/greasy/stale slop. The food wasn't too great last year - a lot of junk food, not much selection (especially for vegetarians), and fries with everything.

Thank goodness I'm in a house this year, and I can cook all my own food!

We have four different meal plan options to choose from. I'm on a block plan with 125 meals for the semester. That means I can eat in the cafeteria as often as I'd like (or I could even swipe people in). I think it works out to be around 2 meals per day.. or less. This plan works perfectly for me because while I don't hate the food in the dorms, it's definitely easy to get sick of.

T-CoTink411 said:
We have four different meal plan options to choose from. I'm on a block plan with 125 meals for the semester. That means I can eat in the cafeteria as often as I'd like (or I could even swipe people in). I think it works out to be around 2 meals per day.. or less. This plan works perfectly for me because while I don't hate the food in the dorms, it's definitely easy to get sick of.

I'm on the same plan, and I totally agree about it being easy to get sick of the food!

At Towson U, the food could be worse, but it could be better, too. It needs more variety; it's the same stuff every day.

the food here is alright. some nights in the dining halls are better than others. we have different options but i have 135 meals a semester with 270 dining dollars(which you could use at like chick fil a,subway, and other places like that) and it's sooo hard to use up all the plan. last semester i got no where close to finishing it off but my goal is to finish it this semester..lol.

In a word, EXCELLENT! Emmanuel College has the best food around. We have a retired pastry chef making our desserts!

Our college is catered by the same company who did the Atlanta Olympics. We have two huge cafeterias (with flat screen TVs, not that those are really relevant lol), brick oven pizza, stir fry, a cheese and bread bar, salad bar, waffle stations, grill (burgers, hotdogs, chicken)...well, everything you could imagine.

We could use our dining dollars at everything else on campus: Dunkin Donuts, Mando Subs, The Wrap, Qdoba, Au Bon Pain, Wendys, Pizza Hut, some indian place, Chicken Barn...I think that's it? lol

Dining dollars are also accepted at every place to eat around campus (Uno's, Chillis, Mcdonalds, Burger King, etc).

My food is much better than those of my friends colleges, lol.

The food at my school is getting steadly worse. Oh what can I do. The dinning services people are thinking about changing the meal plan so that we can use our cards towards food in the RAT. Our snack bar that does not suck. I am not sure if this will ever happen but for right now I am living on a diet of ramen, cereal, and dunkaroo's. :mickeybar

But other than that food is OK. Weekends are the worst time to try to eat in the dinnig hall. They only make one dish and have a sandwitch bar, salad bar and cereal bar. Not much food for about one thousand students. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am signed up to do the Disney Half Marithon.

Supposedly we have the 2nd best food in the nation behind Texas A&M (I go to UCLA.) I am on the 14 meals a week "Premier" plan which allows me to roll over my meals week by week until the end of the quarter, and also swipe in as many guests as I want using my meals (basically it works out to around 150 meal swipes/term.) We have 4 main dining halls which are all you can eat plus 3 "boutique" restaurants including a Coffee Bean (very similar to Starbucks, some would say even better, with Ice Blended Mochas (like Frappucinos) as well as smoothies, a Mexican food place, and a typical fast food restaurant. The dining halls vary in quality; all have fresh salad bars and really good desserts, ice cream, fresh fruit, etc. The one I go to always has fresh pasta, pizza from a wood-burning pizza oven, hamburgers/grilled chicken/etc, as well as 2 or 3 different choices of regular entrees. Breakfast they have belgian waffles, made to order omelettes, etc. One "meal swipe" gets you either entrance into the all you can eat dining hall or a combo meal at one of the smaller restaurants. The only main issue I have with the food here is that you can't eat the meat (rarely cooked all the way) which makes it difficult to eat a properly balanced diet with enough protein! (They really emphasize the carbs.)

For a community college our cafeteria is pretty good, with a yogurt parfait to die for. But the best on campus is the bakery and bakery espresso stand. It's cheap because everything is made by the students. I once bought a huge layer cake as a treat for my family and it only cost $5! The culinary program is what my cc is known for. I could walk out of there with enough coffee and pastries for four people for under $6.50!

So.. if I don't eat breakfast at home I can always get some good ol' sweets at school! :goodvibes

It's pretty good, especially from the outsider standpoint (lol, the different stations--pizza, sandwiches, hot food, the grill--look impressive) but everything is fried or breaded or smothered in butter. The salad bar is the only safe area because you know they're not going to do anything to the raw peppers & carrots & tomatoes besides cut them up. I have a 14 meal plan which is perfect because I just eat cereal or fruit in my room (or on the way to class, ha) for breakfast and then it takes care of the rest of the week. Overall I'd say I like it but it's March and I'm getting a little tired of it.. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter