How is parking at Contemporary on NYE?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
How is the parking lot at the Contemporary on NYE? We are checking in that day and wondering if there could be any issues finding a parking spot.

You should be able to find a place since it is impossible without a resort or restaurant reservation. They are very strict that week.

Thanks! Hopefully we will be able to find something. I'm going to try and get there late morning.

The problem point is simply if a higher proprortion of guests are driving. That is always a factor. They don't have a space for every room.

Just curious, what will they do if you can’t find a parking space?
I'm guessing tell us we have to valet? Although with paying to park now it won't be much of a difference. Or I just sit in the parking lot until someone leaves lol, used to do that in college when looking for a parking spot.

The problem point is simply if a higher proprortion of guests are driving. That is always a factor. They don't have a space for every room.
Hopefully a lot of people are flying in and not driving. For a normal time trip I've never had a problem finding a parking spot there.

Saw this posted by Theme Park Tourist @ThemeParkNews .... along with some other changes right now.

Take it for what it's worth.

5 Things Walt Disney World is Doing Right Now to Handle Massive Holiday Crowds
Though guests have had varying luck in recent months parking at Walt Disney World Resort hotels, the following hotels are closing their parking lots to all guests who do not have a reservation or confirmed dining reservation:

Strict parking rules will be enforced at select resorts
  • Disney's Polynesian Resort
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • Disney's Boardwalk Resort

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Had to edit everything.... you are STAYING at the Contemporary :).

You will get in - you have a Hotel Reservation. But it may take you a fair amount of time to get through the Guard Gate. It's not you - it's everyone in FRONT of you :(.

Once there? I would HIGHLY recommend NOT DRIVING OUT.

My point: You have a ROOM RESERVATION. For WDW to turn you away, due to parking issues, would signal a MAJOR catastrophe :(.
Our plan is to not move the car again until we leave. I'm figuring that traffic will be a nightmare and I'm trying to decide if we should wake up crazy early to get up there early, but we need to stay awake until midnight so that might not be a good idea lol.

If there is literally no parking, and you are supposed to Valet. Have Disney credit you the difference, plus tip, on your room account.
Disney will do that? My current plan if the parking lot is full is wait around for someone to leave and take their spot.

Disney will do that? My current plan if the parking lot is full is wait around for someone to leave and take their spot.
They should do that if the parking lot is full. You may end up having to fight them a little on it, but asking them to pick up the difference because you couldn't find parking sounds like a no brainer. I would request it immediately after parking though... not at 4am when the parking lot might be empty. You could try parking the Bay Lake Tower parking spaces as well.

Is CR hosting a NYE event this year? They have in the past and if they are this year, expect little in the way of parking. I do agree with others, use valet & the car may be far away, until they can bring it closer another day or when you request it.

Just park at Wilderness Lodge, drag your luggage thru the lodge & out the back door to the dock. Catch the inter resort boat over to CR (careful getting your luggage on board) & go in the back door of CR to check in...no problem.

Sorry...couldn't help myself...Merry Christmas.

They should do that if the parking lot is full. You may end up having to fight them a little on it, but asking them to pick up the difference because you couldn't find parking sounds like a no brainer. I would request it immediately after parking though... not at 4am when the parking lot might be empty. You could try parking the Bay Lake Tower parking spaces as well.
In my life experience “Should” is a useless word. “Sounds like a no brained” may be to you. I’m not entitled enough to feel they should do that. But I wonder if on one of - if not THE busiest nights of the year- they may suggest you park at the TTC.
Good Luck @FSU Girl

In my life experience “Should” is a useless word. “Sounds like a no brained” may be to you. I’m not entitled enough to feel they should do that. But I wonder if on one of - if not THE busiest nights of the year- they may suggest you park at the TTC.
Good Luck @FSU Girl
They will not do that for someone with a resort reservation.
Dining maybe but not resort.
They don't allow bags on the monorail

How is the parking lot at the Contemporary on NYE? We are checking in that day and wondering if there could be any issues finding a parking spot.
Unless you are arriving at 5pm don't worry. Honestly, you are going to worry yourself sick trying to figure out all these possibilities.
It's a crowded day and will take a while to get to CR but you'll get there and you'll park.
They don't turn away overnight guests

Last edited:
Like others have said, you have a resort reservation so there is no reason to worry about parking!

I do understand wanting to plan for the worst though so what I would probably do in your case is budget for Valet just in case the lot is full. Honestly, I would be tempted to just spend the extra $ to valet for that night anyway and not worry about it.

Enjoy

Like others have said, you have a resort reservation so there is no reason to worry about parking!

I do understand wanting to plan for the worst though so what I would probably do in your case is budget for Valet just in case the lot is full. Honestly, I would be tempted to just spend the extra $ to valet for that night anyway and not worry about it.

Enjoy
Me too! Especially now that they charge for parking period. Only a slight upcharge to valet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter