How is BOG lunch for food allergies?

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
My daughter has lots of food allergies so we need to special order with specific instructions. Can we do this with preorder? Are they helpful? Any issues?

1) Specific Instructions are not with pre-order.
2) You can list allergies when you check-in at the podium.
3) There is a limited amount o f changes they can ,make at lunch, as many entrees are pre-made.
4) You have far better luck at BoG dinner.

NOTE: Remember, lunch is QS, and QS eateries have a limited list of substitutions and changes. Dinner is TS, and TS may have more leeway for change.

Last edited:
We have had a better experience here dining with multiple food allergies than at most other quick service locations, but options are still pretty limited. My twins have to avoid all grains, egg, dairy, soy and several vegetables and fruits (they also don't yet eat fish or peanuts). I have in the past requested speaking to a chef here (as I do for most of our TS meals) and have had mixed results with getting a response. But since we are getting familiar with what they can have I do place a preorder without noting the allergies and then when we arrive at the register to pay I let them know that I need to speak to a chef and they send one out. We go through the kids' allergies and what options they have (it has changed from time to time) and he takes their order and I confirm the rest of our order before we pay.

For our boys they usually get the slow cooked pork without any sauce (there is carrots, celery, possibly onion) and they have a potato that varies. Usually it's the mashed sweet potato before they add the milk, but sometimes that's already prepped with the dairy so we get roasted potatoes (cut like fries) cooked with canola oil, salt and pepper. And steamed broccoli since they can't eat green beans. Watermelon seems to be the allergy free option for us for kids dessert.

Obviously different sets of allergies may have different options though.

Just our personal opinion: we did not have a good experience with our food allergy at BOG. Our BOG lunch was the only QS meal we had where we were refused the opportunity to interact with someone from the kitchen. Depending on your food allergies, your options can be extremely limited. Our family member with celiac felt that this was the only time during our trip that they had cross-contamination issues.

We had good experiences at all other QS/TS meals, including BOG for dinner, so I recognize that our experience may have been isolated.

I had a terrible experience with allergy issues at BOG lunch, simply asked for the Croque Monsieur on white bread or white roll because I can't digest the whole grain bread. Was told no changes were allowed on sandwiches, the only thing you can do is leave off mayo, mustard or sauces.

I had a terrible experience with allergy issues at BOG lunch, simply asked for the Croque Monsieur on white bread or white roll because I can't digest the whole grain bread. Was told no changes were allowed on sandwiches, the only thing you can do is leave off mayo, mustard or sauces.

We had the same problem. My son can't have the seeds in the multi grain bread and they wouldn't change it for us.

It's not that they won't change it for you - they can't.

Many of the QS items are pre-prepared to a certain extent; that's why you can ask to have certain condiments added or removed, for example, but can't change the bread type.

WDW has an entire webpage devoted to special diets - and there is an email link on that page to the Special Diets dept.

We had the same problem. My son can't have the seeds in the multi grain bread and they wouldn't change it for us.
most likely reason they could not change was they did not have any other. unless another sandwich on menu has the bread you want it most likely is not in kitchen. that is true at park I work at. we only have the multi grain bread

It's not that they won't change it for you - they can't.

Many of the QS items are pre-prepared to a certain extent; that's why you can ask to have certain condiments added or removed, for example, but can't change the bread type.

WDW has an entire webpage devoted to special diets - and there is an email link on that page to the Special Diets dept.
I did email Special Diets before eating there and was told to ask for the substitutions at the restaurant. I even went as far as to say to the CM at BOG that if they just gave me the white bread from the kids grilled cheese, I could pull the sandwich apart myself and put it on the bread I could eat. And I was flatly denied. It's the only QS I've only had an issue with at Disney.

I did email Special Diets before eating there and was told to ask for the substitutions at the restaurant. I even went as far as to say to the CM at BOG that if they just gave me the white bread from the kids grilled cheese, I could pull the sandwich apart myself and put it on the bread I could eat. And I was flatly denied. It's the only QS I've only had an issue with at Disney.
I will admit I have never eaten at BOG but are you sure the grilled cheese is on white bread? because at the park I work at grilled cheese is on whole grain bread not white. not doubting you just asking for my info

most likely reason they could not change was they did not have any other. unless another sandwich on menu has the bread you want it most likely is not in kitchen. that is true at park I work at. we only have the multi grain bread

I know the turkey and the roast beef both come on a baguette. I guess maybe the food is pre made as others have said and that is why they cant switch out the bread.

I have had the croque monsiour at BOG lunch on a baguette at least half a dozen times. They've never given me an issue.
were these experiences recent? my last time was this past July.

ETA I'm always told that any other bread or rolls is off-limits due to cross-contamination. I'm allergic to sunflower seeds and oil.

I have had the croque monsiour at BOG lunch on a baguette at least half a dozen times. They've never given me an issue.
were these experiences recent? my last time was this past July.

ETA I'm always told that any other bread or rolls is off-limits due to cross-contamination. I'm allergic to sunflower seeds and oil.

Interesting. I haven't asked the past year or so because they had told me no. Maybe I will give it another try. I will assume you asked when you got there, not thru a preorder? My son would be very happy.

Interesting. I haven't asked the past year or so because they had told me no. Maybe I will give it another try. I will assume you asked when you got there, not thru a preorder? My son would be very happy.

Sorry for the delay; we were actually at Disney World, and we did eat at BOG last week. I do not preorder but I do list that I have "other" for allergy; when we get to the computer I explain that I have a non-top 8 allergy and need to speak with the chef. The chef takes my order himself. They did forget this time that I was not to have the pre-made fries so we had to return the meal; a second chef (apparently the one that had actually made my food, not the head chef) came out to speak with me to make sure he understood the issue. Everyone was kind and more than happy to help :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter