How important is the food?

Most of my planning time is around the food too. It is so much fun to plan though!

For us food and eating is half the trip. Sometimes it isn't even the food itself but the experience. Just love to eat at Disney. Thank God for the TiW card :)

I have to agree many of our memories are from the dining we had and a nice meal is always a great way to end a full day of Disney Magic.

Our DD's always remember CRT, or Chef Mickey's. And how can anyone forget the 1st time watching the fireworks from Califorina Grill?

I'd even say our park time is cut back some days so we can get back to the resort - unwind, freshen up and then go have a fantastic meal. I know many people don't want to bother with all that and just eat and tour but I'm on vacation and relaxing and WDW isn't going anywhere - thus we keep going back :)

We love our dining adventures when we are at Disney. Planning and thinking about our dining choices helps us to begin the fun before we go. Since we always have either park hoppers or annual passes we really don't worry about our park schedule. It all seems to work out woth the help of Disney transportation.

For us food and eating is half the trip. Sometimes it isn't even the food itself but the experience. Just love to eat at Disney. Thank God for the TiW card :)

I wish we could get the card but we don't have APs right now and don't qualify any other way. :sad1:

Very important!! We love the dining experiences as much as the rides. Epcot is our favorite dining park!

Dining plans are the only plans we have made so far and we leave on Sunday. My dh is going to IOA on Wed as a birthday gift from us and my son and I are going to CP for breakfast, Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Quest with a dinner at T-Rex. That is about the only day that we really have planned out. I also want to get both of us haircuts in the barber shop and since we are in the park early for our breakfast I am hoping that we are close enough to scoot on over to get in early!

We are also planning on getting haircuts. I'm so excited about that. I've always wanted to do that and now that my nephews will be with me I'll really have an excuse. ;)

The youngest LOVES Pluto so I can't wait to be with him when he sees Pluto again. The oldest remembers us talking about getting soaked on Splash so the first ride he told me he wanted to ride (when I was making a list of rides he wants to hit) his first one was Splash. He really does listen! :cloud9:

In my opinion, looking at the food is the most fun thing when I am planning ANY vacation! We are not going to Disney this year (we are going back next summer), but we are going to Lancaster, PA instead (taking the kids to Hershey and Dutch Wonderland), and I have found so many restaurants for us to enjoy! I still look at allears menus at least once a week for WDW restaurants, I can't help it! Whenever there is that little green "NEW!" icon next to a restaurant I get all *giddy* inside! :rotfl2:

Food is very important to DH and to myself as well. We also love variety on vacation. That is why I like to check out the menus. We were at Disney for 5 nights last summer and I only had one burger the entire trip, and we ate on property the entire trip. We love the Epcot restaurants, that is why we will be going to the parks for 7 days instead of 6 on our 10-night trip next summer...we figure that since we are staying at BWV, we could walk over to the World Showcase on the third Epcot day and just enjoy eating around the world for lunch, shopping and relaxing a little in the countries, relaxing at the resort, and going back to Epcot for a nice TS dinner in one of the countries. You know, a day dedicated more to food and no attractions so it is a more relaxed day, and we could do the Epcot attractions on the other 2 days we are there.

We also enjoyed the Disney food very much, even at the character buffet dinners. Actually we thought those were very good, especially Crystal Palace. The only thing I am hesitant about trying at Disney is Italian food because we are so darn picky when it comes to Italian. The only one I would even consider for that is Tutto Italia, but I have a friend going there in a couple of weeks and she knows my taste in Italian very well so she is going to let me know how it is. The reason this is the only one I would consider is because in the WS at Epcot, the people who work in each country are actually from that country. But I still want to see if they "Americanize" it too much or if it really is authentic.

Anyway, we love food on vacation, we watch what we eat normally so we love to live it up when we are away, plus we only go away once a year. So the food is very important to us and the most fun thing to plan!

:goodvibesfood is major I try to make sure that I have dinner at the park that has night time emh..I have one must do restaurant for now, yak and yeti, i love the dining plan bc it works well for us...and I never forget to use any of my credits

:goodvibesfood is major I try to make sure that I have dinner at the park that has night time emh..I have one must do restaurant for now, yak and yeti, i love the dining plan bc it works well for us...and I never forget to use any of my credits

Yak & Yeti is awesome! We like it so much we are going there twice on our next trip.

for us, fun and food are first!

we find out emh of each night and plan our dining around that - but dining is def one of the MOST important things of our trip!:cool1:

Back in the days of PS we found food to be the pinnacle component of our Disney vacations, but in recent years many establishments are not providing the same level of service and quality they once provided. We do not perceive this trend to change as Disney's focus has changed to affordability. Park hopper tickets are still an essential component of our trip since it does allow us the ability to dine at any location on property on anyday. We normally select the restaurants we want to dine and then fit them in our schdule where they make the most sense with park hours/plans, our resort location, special events, and extended park hours.

I'm so glad to read this! Trying it for the first time this coming September!

I'm sorry if I have already said this in this thread but don't get the usual oriental food like Beef & Broccoli or something along those lines. The ribs are AWESOME and enough for two. My husband thinks the Crispy Mahi Mahi is outstanding. The Lettuce Cups appetizer is amazing. My husband who does not like veggies wants to get them again in December. I actually ordered them on our Honeymoon and he kept eating them. I gave him a bite of mine then made him two after that. When we went back to Y&Y the second time he ordered them for himself. The pot stickers are very good as well.

You will NOT walk away hungry. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter