How hot and how busy if we go this summer 25 Aug til 5 Sept?

Hodkys

Mouseketeer
Hi folks, hope you can help. We've got 5 VA seats reserved til 9pm tonight flying out on Wed 25th Aug for 11 nights. Is it the case that the crowd levels drop down from mid august as the US schools go back then? Giving it a score out of 10 how busy is it compared to July? Is the heat the same as July or will it be cooling down a little? We've been in July before so we understand the type of heat and the crowd levels.

Believe it or not we weren't planning on going back til early 2012 after moving house (just gone on the market now and our old copies of the UOG are in storage as part of our de-cluttering exercise) and eldest DS sitting his 11+. We tried looking for some alternative summer hols but we weren't getting that excited and then we said we'd just take a look at the price of flights with our Miles plus money...then look what happened!! Hope my diet goes better!:rolleyes1

Thanks

Hi,
We haven't been in July before, but we went last year for the first time in August, (23rd-4th Sept), and are going back the same time this year:)
The weather was OK. Hot, (obviously!), but far better than I expected, and the crowds were OK aswell.
We went in Late May/early June one year, and the crowds and the humidity were far worse(in my opinion:goodvibes)
Only downside was the rain, but it seemed to be mainly late afternoon into the evening (we got stuck in the Calvin Klein store at Premium outlet one eve as it was hammering down outside; and inside on DH's cc:rotfl2:)
So, basically would say 'go for it'!

Jules x

Thanks Jules. I'm just checking the figures and getting print outs from Virgin and Disney for the accomm. planning on the Saratago Springs resort, not been before but we really need the space (two bed villa). Our last hol taught us that. Plus we're just gonna stick to the Disney parks and the resort this trip. That's as long as I get all my ducks in a row. So it's back to the print outs!

we always go around that time as we got married in disney on 2nd sep

its quite warm but i dont think its overly that hot and i think its a great time to go as the crowds are not that busy

Thanks Jules. I'm just checking the figures and getting print outs from Virgin and Disney for the accomm. planning on the Saratago Springs resort, not been before but we really need the space (two bed villa). Our last hol taught us that. Plus we're just gonna stick to the Disney parks and the resort this trip. That's as long as I get all my ducks in a row. So it's back to the print outs!

Aaah! 'ducks in a row', creates a lovely vision!!:)
We are staying at OKW in a 2 bed villa, the same as last year. The rooms are really spacious, and I think Saratoga are similar, plus the washer and dryer! Really boring, but invaluble I found!

Jules x

We'll need to bear that in mind when planning park visit days and rest days. We fly home on Sunday 5/9 with Labor Day on Mon 6/9. On our 'fly home'day we'll probably go to DTD because we're so close. Perhaps we should make our last visit to a park on the Friday before a lot of the Americans visiting for the Labor Day weekend visit on the Saturday?

We're going 26th to 6th not realising it was Labor Day but should still be a really nice time to go although the rain is a worry as we got stuck in last May's horrendous rain which rather than an hour or two was from 10am through to 10pm every day for a fortnight.

Hoping it's not that bad in August!

Progress so far: booked 2 bed villa at Saratoga springs. Hoorah! Need to phone VA before 9pm to secure sits reserved from yesterday. However, holiday planning on hold whilst we put kids to bed!

Hubby is putting 19 month old daughter to bed. The 3 year old took himself off and has fallen asleep on top of his bed! Eight year old still plodding through homework we should have finished yesterday. Oops.

Just remembered we had reserved a Tesco delivery for tomorrow 9-11am by ordering a shed load of wine to achieve the minimum order amount. Need to check what time I can change order before I find i've got no groceries!

We have been late August before and it wasn't half as bad as it's cracked up to be. It's just a case of managing your time and planning plenty of breaks, avoiding the hottest part of the day and drinking plenty of water.

Your dates are exactly the same as ours by the way - we are flying out on the VS027 at 11.15am on 25th and back on VS016 at 7.30pm on 5th September :thumbsup2

We'll need to bear that in mind when planning park visit days and rest days. We fly home on Sunday 5/9 with Labor Day on Mon 6/9. On our 'fly home'day we'll probably go to DTD because we're so close. Perhaps we should make our last visit to a park on the Friday before a lot of the Americans visiting for the Labor Day weekend visit on the Saturday?

you only get local crowds on labor day weekend...
americans don't tend to travel down to WDW for labor day weekend...
locals do show up, but that causes more of a blip than a big surge..

non-locals don't like to travel at the very beginning of the school year....

in other words, it shouldn't really make enough of a difference to alter your plans..

Wilma-bride - how spooky is that about our days being the same!

We've phoned VA and booked the flights - yipee! (And the bonus - Tesco order updated in time!) Hubby now itching to take over the laptop to start on his colour coded holiday plan.

We are really cutting back on how much we are going to attempt to do this trip. Only visiting the Disney Parks and coming back early pm to have a play in the resort pool. The kids (and us) are going to make the most of spreading out in the 2-bed villa (we were a bit cramped last time). So it's on with the holiday planning...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter