How has Pandora affected AKL?

OnSpaceshipEarth

DIS Veteran
Is it busier than it used to be? Has transportation been affected either positively or negatively?

We are considering AKL for our next trip.

Thanks to all in advance!

Just stayed at AKL this summer, and thought the bus transportation was not only better than usual for AKL but probably the best bus experience we've ever had. I also thought the lobby was still peaceful and relaxing compared to other resorts on property - didn't feel like there was a significant difference in lobby traffic. We had a great stay and continue to highly recommend it! :)

Last edited:
I stayed at AKL after Pandora was open. I didn't think the hotels were overly crowded. We are at Kidani, but went over to Jambo. The buses worked great our whole trip barely had to wait at all. If more people are staying there to be closer to Pandora I didn't notice.

We stayed at AKL this August (and have stayed twice before); and noticed no detrimental increase in people at the resort. Bus service was great per usual.

I highly recommend the hotel and its restaurants.

We stayed at AKL this August (and have stayed twice before); and noticed no detrimental increase in people at the resort. Bus service was great per usual.

I highly recommend the hotel and its restaurants.
Thats good to know. We usually stay at YC/BC for F&W (easy walk to Epcot) but I really wanted to see Pandora, especially at night. AKL seem the logical answer since it's close by. We have stayed at AKL before and liked it and the buses were never crowded.

And, we just booked at Kidani at 7 months out, so availability does not appear to have been affected significantly.

And, we just booked at Kidani at 7 months out, so availability does not appear to have been affected significantly.

Yes...it seems that this still isn't a super popular resort.. Thank you, bwbuddy. This was the time for this resort to really take off and it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

I know I'm crazy but of all the resorts AKL has never appealed to me and I can't get my kids to stay there!

That's the beauty of resort selection - there's something for everyone. Once my family stayed at AKV, they never want to stay anywhere else. And, last time I checked, there aren't a whole lot of rooms going vacant at any resort in the summer months.

Have stayed @ Jambo twice since Pandora opened, still perfection :)

It's one of our 'homes'. Bus service was not the greatest in the past but once Kidani opened it's improved dramatically

Have stayed @ Jambo twice since Pandora opened, still perfection :)

It's one of our 'homes'. Bus service was not the greatest in the past but once Kidani opened it's improved dramatically

This is very good to hear! It would seem that good bus service is critical due to it's remote location.

This is very good to hear! It would seem that good bus service is critical due to it's remote location.

Just for clarification purposes, the only attraction it is remote to is MK. It's the same distance to all other attractions as the Mk area resorts are. :thumbsup2

Just for clarification purposes, the only attraction it is remote to is MK. It's the same distance to all other attractions as the Mk area resorts are. :thumbsup2

And aren’t we talking about around 10 minutes longer than most other resorts? Is that really a dealbreaker?

We were there the first weekend of October. I noticed no difference pre or post Pandora!

We love AKL but I honestly don't think Pandora as it is (2 attractions and 1 restaurant) would be enough of a draw to have people book AKL specifically for that reason. I could be wrong though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter