• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Hard to Book OKW Studio 7-Mo Window for March?

littlestar

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I am pondering when to book our spring vacation for 2006. I would really like to stay at OKW again (it's been a while) in a studio. I really enjoyed going over there in January when we ate at Olivia's. I'm thinking of a stay the last week of March 2006 or first week of April 2006 (not Easter week). This is a change from when we normally go for Spring - we normally go the 1st week of May and book BWV or VWL at the 11-month window.

What are your experiences for the 7-month window for OKW studios for the end of March, 1st of April if it's not Easter week? Our home resorts are BWV, VWL, and BCV, but I really, really want OKW for the spring (all the flowers, palm trees, and pretty landscaping would cheer me up after the long winter blight in Indiana).

Any experiences on how you did booking at the 7-month window for this timeframe?

:rolleyes: Well I would say not too tough. I will be at OKW April 3-8, 2005 and I made my reservation 10 minutes ago. 6 weeks is well within the 7-month window.

Hi there,

I did exactly this in Dec 03 for our vacation last Mar 04, my deployment dates to Iraq changed with a few months to go. We managed to get a studio for 12 nights, Room 2020 which was excellent, It should not be a problem although I think with the amount of members growing at this rapid rate it will become a problem at the smaller resorts soon.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

I think the point savings at OKW will make it more difficult to get at 7 months in the not too distant future as well. Right now, however, I think it is a good possibility at the 7 month window, but studios are sometimes more difficult than 1 bedrooms.

I got March 8 and 10 - last week for OKW studio. (I am staying offsite - this is my WDW fix)

Our home resort is VWL, but I wanted to save a few points on our Spring Break trip (23 days to go, woohoo!!), so I chose a studio at OKW. I booked at the 7 month window and had no problem at all. I'm usually very anal and book day by day, but I didn't this time and still didn't have any problem. Good luck!

Thanks for all the replies. My husband wants to get the one bedroom rather than the studio now. So I'll mark my 7 month call date for August on the calendar. I'll probably try for a cash member discount on Saturday for one night and then points for the rest of the week.

Whoa, a cash member discount? I've never heard of this. How deep is the discount because I'm spending April 1-2 (fri&sat) at Pop Century to save points but I'm really not too crazy about the idea. Fill me in please!!!

25% off - if availability. I would stick with your Pop Century - much cheaper.

you are doing a 1-bedroom at OKW - oh boy - expect to fall in love....

the 1-bedroom are so much bigger (and nicer - my opinion) than the other DVC resorts...you might never get to stay anywhere else!

I called to check the cost... $259 ouch. Pop is $74. I think the choice is obvious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter